Complaint Review: MERRICK BANK

• Updated: Mon, October 19, 2009

• Reported By: TIRED OF BEING JERKED OVER — LEWES Delaware USA
MERRICK BANK
MERRICKBANK.COM SALT LAKE CITY, Utah United States of America

MERRICK BANK COULD NOT HELP WITH ME GETTING UNDER CREDIT LIMIT & AUTOMATED SERVICE OFF TO PAY BILL SALT LAKE CITY, Utah

I am not happy with Merrick Bank because I have went over my credit limit due to a late fee occuring when I had a couple of annual household bills that had to be taken care of so they would not cancel them.   At the same time I also missed work for an illness.  I called customer service to see if I could get help in some way so I could get my balance back under the credit limit.

After  I got the late fee, that made my account also be hit with an over limit fee of $ 39 and so I ended up now having $ 200 plus to pay in order to get back on track.  Customer service says they cannot help with any of the fees until I pay the $ 200 plus.   I told them that if I had the $ 200 I would not need to call them for some help.

So because they will not help me out I will continue to get over limit fees & the balance will continue to accumulate.  This is ridiculous and then when you get so far they will close the account & the collection agencies start harassing you.  So I decided to make a payment today and I know it was going to cost an extra $ 10 to use the automated system but I was at the school picking up my daughter & I did not have access to a computer to make the payment online before 3 pm.    And when I tried to use the automated it said that it was not working so now it was after 3 pm and I will get another overlimit fee of $ 39 and late fee of $ 39.

I think they like to attach all of those fees on people.  I recommend that if you get an offer from Merrick Bank "DO NOT RESPOND" throw it in the trash.  They will not help you in hard times!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2009 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MERRICK-BANK/SALT-LAKE-CITY-Utah-84117-1379/MERRICK-BANK-COULD-NOT-HELP-WITH-ME-GETTING-UNDER-CREDIT-LIMIT-AUTOMATED-SERVICE-OFF-TO-511849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MERRICK BANK