legend

• Updated: Thu, March 06, 2014

• Reported By: megs64 — Chicago Illinois
META-Health University
Internet USA

META-Health University Johannes R. Fisslinger Integrative Health Degrees, Quack Watch, META-Health Internet

In November 2013 I was hired by META-Health University for the purpose of assisting with their sales and marketing.  After several lengthy conversations with the "founder" he convinced me that he was simply a fledgling start-up, was passionate about his cause I truly needed some good marketing help to get this "school" of the ground.  My typical rate for a project like this is $3,000/month plus some kind of back-end bonus or commission.

Stupidly, I allowed myself to be talked down to a mere $1200/month plus a measly 7% commission.  I was told that this would be on a 90-day trial and then we would re-assess and get to a more appropriate level of compensation.  For the following two months I worked day and night, week-ends as well including the American holiday Thanksgiving just to make sure that things were done properly.

After 90 days, I had helped to enroll more students in just ONE 6-month program than the school had in all of 2013.

Getting payment from MHU has always been an issue, but once enrollment was closed for the January programs, getting paid became practically impossible.  In January I wanted 10 days after my pay date to get a check in the mail.  In February I waited 13 days for my check.  I was told in January that they would "work on" some kind of electronic deposit for me through a company called Skrill.  In February I was told they would set up direct deposit.  Neither was ever done.

Also, at the end of January when my temporary contract was up, we started to renegotiate the terms of my pay.  Anything and everything I suggested above what I was currently getting paid was "too much."  I was given the task to register students for one course that begins in April.  The goal was 500 students, which would net the university $150,000 for that one small course.  I was told that I needed to handle "everything" from the advertising, management, marketing-everything and that they wanted nothing to do with it except to run the course with it's 500 attendees.

When I asked for a flat 15-20% commission on that, I was told that was "too much."  I finally acquiesed due to my committment to this school and it's seemly good cause and agreed to a tiny raise to $1600/month with the 7% commission.  I was sent a new agreement, which I executed immediately.  After several requests for the founder to revert with a signed copy-my emails were unanswered.

I was also told to run the ads through my google adwords account and that I would be reimbursed for that expense and was give a ginormous budget of $20,000 (yet they could fathom paying me a penny more.)  I was told to stop at nothing to get registrations for this program, but I would have to front all of the advertising money.

Due to having payment issues in the past, I decided to go ahead and register for a Paypal account since that is the payment system they use.  I haven't had the best experiences with Paypal in the past, but I needed to ensure that I was getting paid.  At this point, it's 3 weeks without a contract or any further payment; the ads are running and racking up on MY account.

One Monday, March 3, 2014 I sent an invoice via Paypal.  Upon waking up Tuesday morning, March 4, 2014 I had been locked out all accounts, the President claiming that there was some kind of "security" breach and now they refuse to pay my measly $800 invoice.  I'm not even asking for the money I put forth setting up the google ads nor am I asking for pay for this week, which has been spent entirely on this matter.

Johannes R. Fisslinger and META-Health University is a scam and needs to be help accountable for their actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2014 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/META-Health-University/internet/META-Health-University-Johannes-R-Fisslinger-Integrative-Health-Degrees-Quack-Watch-ME-1128672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on META-Health University