• Submitted: Wed, October 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, October 21, 2009

• Reported By: mzyaa30 — San Antonio Texas USA
5003 Panorama Pl. Garden Bay, British Columbia Canada

METRO GLOBAL FINANCIAL GROUP MGFG Fraud, Fake!!! Garden Bay, British Columbia Canada

I received a letter in the mail on the 20th of October 2009, from a "company" called METRO GLOBAL FINANCIAL GROUP. In the letter was a check enclosed for $984.62, a red flag went up because I knew I hadn't entered a sweepstakes drawing, and there was no way that "my raffle" had been drawn. So I called the company and spoke with a lady by the name of Ms. Halley Desman who couldn't tell me very much about the so-called "sweepstakes". After asking her a series of questions she began to stamper over her words and at some point in the conversation she hung up on me! This really upset me, and it also confirmed for me that it was a fraud attempt. I called Ms. Desman back a 2nd time that day and she told me to sherd the check and that my name would be removed from the mailing list. I then asked her how did she know who's name she was removing since I had never given her my name or address? This she couldn't answer and hung up on me again. I decided not ot call back again, insted I logged onto the internet to search the bank name printed on the check(M&T BANK, a bank out of Buffalo, NY) made contact with the bank's fraud department left a message for the head of the security department. Then I attemped to search for the National Sweepstakes Company on line and founf this website(ripoffreport) and decided to post what just happened to me. I don't intend to stop here, I am still awaiting a call back from the bank and will keep you posted on what happens next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2009 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/METRO-GLOBAL-FINANCIAL-GROUP/Garden-Bay-British-Columbia-V0N-2H0/METRO-GLOBAL-FINANCIAL-GROUP-MGFG-Fraud-Fake-Garden-Bay-British-Columbia-Canada-512856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on METRO GLOBAL FINANCIAL GROUP