poverty

• Submitted: Tue, May 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 21, 2009

• Reported By:Stone Mountain Georgia
METRO PCS
3665 Salem Rd Covington, Georgia U.S.A.

METRO PCS Deceptive marketing practice, refusal to honor contact, nasty rude sales people Covington Georgia

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Author of original report: update

I went into Meto Pcs store on 5/18/09 with my old phone which had some water damage, was advised to buy a new phone instead of a new battery. was told I could return phone in 30 day's if not happy with said phone, also the receipt stated all returns in 7 days in original package. when I went back on 5/18/09 to return phone because of poor quality and it did not have features I wanted. I was told I went over my talk time by 1hr and that I had signed a form stating such as well as the sales person went into detail telling me such. I requested said form I allegedly signed, not only could they not produce said form, but I was given conflicting information. they called the sales person who lied and said she told me about contract of talk time and I indeed signed said form. after going back and forth with them, I was told the reason I cannot return the phone was because I kept my old number. turns out my old phone still works, I was lied to and led to buy a new phone which they refused to honor said receipt.

Michelle
Stone Mountain, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2009 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/METRO-PCS/Covington-Georgia-30016/METRO-PCS-Deceptive-marketing-practice-refusal-to-honor-contact-nasty-rude-sales-people-453466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on METRO PCS

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

After getting off the phone with the rude supervisor. I filed complaints with the BBB, Consumer Affairs and also also went on the attorney generals website and downloaded a form to send in a written complaint. this morning a gentleman by the name Dan contacted me from the corporate Metro Pcs office in Atlanta. he was very professional, listened to my concerns and apologized for trouble I went through. he assured me he would take care of it and told me, the independent Metro store reps are poorly trained, he also said they were working on the horrible customer service. he asked me what I wanted and offered to waive 100.00 off the price of any phone I wanted, and also upgraded my service for free for a month. if I liked the new service I can keep it. if not cancel. his number for those ATL folks is 770-256-3010. he will resolve your issues, but I suggest you go through the proper channels and file a complaint with the BBB. the corporate Metro Pcs office address is MetroPCS, Inc.
2990 Gateway Dr Ste 950
Norcross, GA 30071-1129

they actually got a A+ rating which they have had since 2002.
hope this info helps.

update

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Spoke to supervisor tonight hoping to resolve issue, she was very rude and refused to give her last name, she said I don't have to give you a last name. her first name is Teresa and by the way if your unhappy with your service tough luck. I will never patronize this bootleg business ever! next month I'm going with a reputable carrier.