Complaint Review: METRO PCS!!!

• Submitted: Sat, February 27, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 27, 2010

• Reported By: Julius — Hawthorne California United States of America

METRO PCS!!! anything for a sale, Internet

On November 9, 2009 I purchased 2 of the new Messager II phones from an authorized dealer in Los Angeles Ca. area. My first question to the sales person was about service areas. I told the sales person I would be moving to Jackson Mississippi soon, and asked if Metro Pcs had service there and also in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I was told that they had service in both areas. I took a trip to Pittsburgh in December 09 and the phones worked just fine except for the keyboards sticking while texting but I was able to exchange for 2 more phones. A couple months later in February 2010, I packed up and moved to Jackson Mississippi where after driving for almost 30 hours I tried to use my cell phone to call my pregnant daughter in Los Angeles. I was totally surprised to find out that I could not call out or receive calls because there is no service in the Mississippi area, not just in Jackson but in the entire state.

I called customer service to complain and was told by Jennifer that since I had the phone for more than 30 days there was nothing that could be done. I asked to speak with her Supervisor and was told the Supervisor was busy and they would try to contact the store where I purchased the phones and find out whats going on, and they would give me a call back. They had not even asked me which store I got my phones from or even a phone number where I could be reached. Oh I was told that I could go back to the store where I bought my phones and talk to them about my problem, which I had just told this customer service agent that I just moved almost 2 thousand miles away from where I purchased my phones. HOW COULD I TAKE THEM BACK? My Daughter did have her baby on the 25th of February but she was unable to reach me because I had no service available through Metro PCS. Now I have one phone with me in Mississippi that can be used for nothing but a paperweight and I am still being billed for this phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2010 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/METRO-PCS/internet/METRO-PCS-anything-for-a-sale-Internet-575352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on METRO PCS!!!