Complaint Review: METROCITY Moving and Storage Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jill — Toronto Ontario Canada
METROCITY Moving and Storage Inc.
GTA, Ontario Canada

METROCITY Moving and Storage Inc. RAM Moving and Storage Moving Scam, Several Company Aliases and phone number changes to avoid exposure, Complaints dating back to 2008, Hidden Fees, Keeps furniture hostage to demand more money, damages furniture, no legiti GTA, Ontario Canada

*General Comment: Ontairio ripped off

My research shows that they often change their company name, phone number and address in order to keep running their scam. It is best to google their phone number to see if it is associated with any numbers they have previously used.

The following are links dating back to 2008 documenting complaints about this company. Note that the same numbers are associated with several company names, addresses and phone numbers:

(((link redacted)))
(((link redacted)))

My experience, Saturday, September 1, 2012 (my friend's move but I was helping with the move and dealt with the movers):

The name on their moving truck was Logan Moving and Storage; they emailed using GTA Movers (gtamovers AT hotmail.com) and the signature at the bottom of their email was Metrocity Moving and Storage inc.

The owners name given to us by the movers was Brian - 416-994-4694; the number in their email signature: 1-866-482-8464, the number in their advertisement: 647-621-6240

They quoted my friend (in writing) for a one bedroom apartment move $55/hr + a $55 travel fee with no mention of additional fees. My friend called to confirm that there would be no hidden fees. When the movers arrived, they wouldn't load the truck until my friend provided a $350 deposit. They finally accepted $300 that she had to go to an ATM to retrieve; they also stated that there would be additional charges for each stair and any heavy items.

During the move, one of the workers pulled my friend aside to get her to sign a contract. He kept the signed copy and would not return it to us when we asked to see it at the end of the move. Then he handed my friend a copy of the contract that said it was a 4 hour minimum charge plus the driving charge of $55. The contract also says that the down payment provided was non-refundable.

The movers arrived 1.5 hours late and moved for 1 hour with the help of 5 of our friends, spending part if that time talking or texting on their phones; then they handed us a bill for $321.50.

When we asked them questions about the hidden fees, they kept telling us that the promises made by the company were not their issue as they were only "ground workers" but to take it up with the owner Brian at 416-994-4694. They would not give us Brian's last name and they were unclear about what the name of the company is that they work for saying that there are different franchises.

Our experience was not as bad as some of the complaints that I have read in my research of this company since the move. Likely many have decided that it is too difficult and time consuming to see that this company is held accountable. I have found it difficult to find a forum with which to warn people. And since they often change their company name and phone number, they continue undetected. That is precisely why they have been able to continue to operate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/METROCITY-Moving-and-Storage-Inc/GTA-Ontario-/METROCITY-Moving-and-Storage-Inc-RAM-Moving-and-Storage-Moving-Scam-Several-Company-Alia-936697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on METROCITY Moving and Storage Inc.

#1 General Comment

Ontairio ripped off

AUTHOR: john&gina tysick - (Canada)

were you able to do anything legally to this company.We are having problems with troy moving toronto wrongful retention of property extortion blackmail theift renigotating contact under duress additional fees ect