Complaint Review: METROPCS REBATE

• Reported By: mi25tena — fort worth Texas United States of America
METROPCS REBATE

METROPCS REBATE Denied rebate with in dates Internet

*Consumer Comment: Rebate offer

I purchased a kyocera phone in january. The last day of a promo to recieve a $20 gift card. I also purchased this online. I received the phone 2 days and activated it. Sent in all info needed for the rebate.

A month or so later I received an email stating i was denied because I did not activate the phone with in the promo dates. I asked how can I activate a phone the day i bought it online when I did not have the serial number. Th They kept making up excuses why I did not qualify for the rebate. They can't do anything about it.

They gave me a corporate number that did not have access to rebates. No help. I will never buy a phone directly with metro pcs again. Its a scam!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2012 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/METROPCS-REBATE/internet/METROPCS-REBATE-Denied-rebate-with-in-dates-Internet-857200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on METROPCS REBATE

Rebate offer

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I'm giong to assume you read the rebate offer before purchasing the phone, correct? Did the offer state that you had to activate it by a certain date or that you had to purchase it by a certain date? If the rebate offer said activate, there's no ripoff here. You knew you wouldn't be able to activate it by the date required and you ripped yourself off. If the rebate offer said purchase, then you need to keep on them about this. Do you still have a copy of the rebate offer your could scan and post?