• Report: #972067

• Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: John — Hexham Other United Kingdom
MFire.com

MFire.com Fails to take action after service cancelled, Internet

MFire.com is an ISP providing Internet access throughout the US. I have no complaint about their service provision - the problems come when it is no longer required.

On 14 March 2012 I cancelled a dial-up service I had arranged for my daughter which was no longer required. MFire require you to do this by telephone giving 30 days notice. On 28th August I discovered they had continued to charge me for this unused service. I emailed their service again cancelling the service and asking for a refund. MFire responded to this email. I also telephoned them again and was told they had no record of my cancellation.

At the beginning of October I discovered they were STILL charging me. I wrote a stronger worded email giving them 14 days to correct their error and refund the unauthorised payments they had taken. MFire responded to this email asking for the telephone number from which the cancellation had been made in March. I made 3 phone calls also which were apparently answered by a call center. From the accent I assume this was in India. I repeated my request for the service to be discontinued. Each time the conversation was cut off.

On 31 October yet another payment was taken from my bank account. A complaint through the Better Business Bureau proved fruitless since no surface mail address is given on their website and the address given in their domain registration details is unresponsive.

I strongly advise that credit card details should not be given to this firm since there appears no way of preventing them charging further payments without cancelling the card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 04:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MFirecom/internet/MFirecom-Fails-to-take-action-after-service-cancelled-Internet-972067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MFire.com