Complaint Review: MGM Universal Timeshare

• Submitted: Tue, June 14, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 14, 2011

• Reported By: Abe Helf — Boynton Beach Florida United States of America
MGM Universal Timeshare
8605 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite17820 West Hollywood, California United States of America

MGM Universal Timeshare Phony and unfulfilled promises to sell or rent my timeshares via marketing and "showcasing" properties over 2 year period, unresponsive. West Hollywood , California

On Dec. 1, 2008, I was induced to sign contracts with MGM Universal Timeshare to rent or sell several timeshares for a on-time upfront fee of $799. with understanding that timeshares are usually rented or sold within 90 days by intensive advertising and "showcasing of properties in various locations such as Orlando, Fl. , Las Vegas and Dominican Republic. There was intermittent contact with representatives for about 2 years and promises that there were offers for sale or rental of my properties and led me on that I would be contacted soon with a valid offer. I never received a valid offer. I eventually sold all my timeshares on my own with no help by the co., except for one, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which was still available for rental or sale.

Numerous attempts to contact the co. by phone, fax and e-mails were unsuccessful. On Jan. 20, 2011, I spoke with Steve Henderson, ext. 1620 who stated there was a buyer for my timeshare and I would hear from him in a few days. I never heard from him again despite numerous phone calls to customer service and his extension. I have had no response from the co.

On March 2, 2011 I filed a complaint wit BBB of the Southland in Calif. and was subsequently advised that there was no response from the company despite two requests. I also filed a complaint to State of California Department of Real Estate in May. 2011 and this complaint is under review by this agency. I informed the company by certified letter and fax that I filed these complaints and that I was requesting a full refund of $799. due to the fraudulent and deceptive practices and that they have not fulfilled the contracted agreement. I also advised that I file complaints with other relevant agencies, including Ripoffr Report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2011 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MGM-Universal-Timeshare/West-Hollywood-California-90069/MGM-Universal-Timeshare-Phony-and-unfulfilled-promises-to-sell-or-rent-my-timeshares-via-740807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MGM Universal Timeshare