Complaint Review: MHC Kenworth

• Updated: Sun, February 24, 2013

• Reported By: Renay — Kress Texas United States of America
MHC Kenworth
1524 N Covinton Ave Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

MHC Kenworth all locations Egregious disregard, prevarication, pilfered, entervated! Kansas City, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Explain

My story begins September 7, 2012. I took my 2007 International 9400i/ Cummins ISX to MHC Kenworth in Atlanta, Georgia for a problem with the exhaust temp sensor shutting me down.(.oh and a new starter that the road service guy fried).    And of course they can't get to me until the following sunday evening. I am required to go to a motel because they won't allow me to stay on property..ok.. I come back on monday to find outm they have pulled the valve cover..that they haven't found the problem yet..but that they authorization from my warranty people to pull the valve cover and then the heads..wed I find out they have found the 5th and 6th cylinder liners have failed...then couple days later I find out my warranty is being denied because noone ever called them to begin with.....NO permission, no authorization given by either myself nor my warranty people...to bad...now my engine is in a gillion pieces and nobody can explain to my how nor why...only that it is and now it's gonna cost me $29,000.00 plus to put it back together..OK I refinance my truck borrow the money to fix it knowing that I should have legal recourse..and after 10 days in a motel @112.00 dollars a day I go home to Texas because I can't afford to keep spending that kind of money on top of everything else. I finally get everything situated and paid for ready to go November 09,2012. I get to Atlanta to pick up the truck to find that my truck looks like its been wrecked...The hood is damaged, the mudflaps are torn up, the hanger on the passenger side is gouging the tire and the other one is bent so bad its unrecognizeable...REALLY..They don't have a body shop so I am forced to go to Dallas, Texas to have the hood fixed at their MHC shop and Atlanta did at least pay for that even if they did balk at first..But it put me down another 10days with no income adding up to 72days down with NO income only out come.

Now here we are January 23rd 2013 and I have been down since last thursday in a Cummins shop in Harrisburg, Pa. WOW. Only to find out not only is my warranty no good...and I need 8,000.00 dollars plus to fix whats wrong..and not only is what they tell me has happened an impossibility but they expect me to believe it..After all I'm  nobody...  they are the almighty heman mechanic and I am the stupid little girl driver...They are trying to say that my turbo blew a seal and took out my turbo (which did NOT come apart and go back through the intake) the air charge cooler, main bearings welll the whole bottom side actually...But NOT the top side. NOT EVEN POSSIBLE!! And NOBODY listens when I talk because I'm not suppose to be smarter than them.... I need some help here... NOBODY will step up and take responsibility for any of this....MHC Kenworth didn't do the paperwork right on, as well as misrepresented the warranty....They either installed bad parts (being the bearings that failed) or they installed them incorrectly by over tightening or installing backwards... Because THIS is what happened the bearings failed..took out the air to air..and the turbo seals....I think the bearings were bad..but NOBODY will listen... So MHC says call Cummins...Cummins says call MHC...Cummins has agreed to replace the turbo and cover part of the labor but says MHC is at fault and liable for everything that they are just helping me because of everything I have been through with this whole deal.....MHC Kenworth DO NOT DO BUISNESS with them especially the Atlanta location......But even corperate won't step up..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MHC-Kenworth/Kansas-City-Missouri-64120/MHC-Kenworth-all-locations-Egregious-disregard-prevarication-pilfered-entervated-Kansa-1001853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MHC Kenworth

Explain

AUTHOR: Kwtrucks - (USA)

First, you can buy that reman engine for under $10k installed so I dont understand the 29K you said you paid for the fix.
They want to replace your air to air probably becaus it loaded up with oil when the seal blew,. I tell customers its a big waste of money as the oil wont hurt anything and only cause a little initialsmoke for the first 50 miles or so then dry up.
I dont know how you expected warranty on a 2007 truck, but if you did you should contact cummins yourself if the dealership messed up. They will usually help out with a percentage of the parts on good-will basis.

If I knew more about the first and second failures I could help more...but a 2007 high temp fault will not shut your truck down.