Complaint Review: MICROSOFT , XBOX 360

• Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010

• Reported By: Darlene — Bay City Michigan United States of America
MICROSOFT , XBOX 360

MICROSOFT , XBOX 360 XBox Customer Service Repair Center is a JOKE ! Internet

I have made several phone calls for repair of my son's XBox 360. It was still under warranty when the first phone call was made by my son. My son's XBox was giving a Disk unreadable Open Tray error. He spoke to someone, they did a trouble shoot, said the problem was corrected....ha !

Making repeated phone calls to them got me no where. They could care less that you paid $400 less than a year ago and they will not send a Free Repair. They told me after about 8 calls of anger and frustration that the claim for free repair was denied because the trouble shoot on the first phone call was deemed successful. Then why have I made repeated phone calls regarding the same issue? Now, the repeated answer is that is it no longer under warranty. Brilliant way to put the customer off until they have the perfect answer.

They are uncaring, unprofessional and certainly not the type of customer service technicians that the public cares to go up against. They are definitely on Microsoft's side to make money for them and who cares about the consumer.

I have read several articles under advocate at microsoft and I see that I'm not the only one being shunned for service. It's exactly as one gentleman stated, you just give up after you can't take the frustration of dealing with them !

My only option now is to pay the $99.99 plus tax and send it for repair and see what happens. I have also read horror stories regarding the console not coming back repaired.

I am at a dead end as to what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2010 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MICROSOFT-XBOX-360/internet/MICROSOFT-XBOX-360-XBox-Customer-Service-Repair-Center-is-a-JOKE-Internet-562968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MICROSOFT , XBOX 360