Complaint Review: MIDAS AUTOMOTIVE

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 01, 2007

• Reported By:pittsfield Massachusetts
MIDAS AUTOMOTIVE
868 DALTON AVE DALTON, Massachusetts U.S.A.

MIDAS AUTOMOTIVE FAILED TO PROPERLY INFORM ME ON NEEDED REPAIRS WHEN ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS WHEN I BROUGHT MY CAR IN FOR REPAIR DALTON Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Whose business is it?

*Consumer Comment: I can imagine why.

*Author of original report: This Matter Doesn't Concern You Unless You Are The Attorney General

*Consumer Comment: Your Story Holds Little Water

I have brought my car into this midas over a 2 year period ,and to my amazment they have had a huge turnover with management and techs who claim they were certified and knew how to work on volvo's i live in a small city also the volvo dealer is in the are I live in which I wasn't able to gt a appointment so i went to midas what a mistake in trusting them with my car. I have had a substantial amount of work done on my car to my suprise was done incorrectly and disrespectfully as well i have talked to so many managers this store has had a high turover rate and mechanics who have done incorrect and shotty work to which they have passed down to the consumer/customer I have filed my complaint with the mass attorney general's office after they pulled thier last stunt involving my ball joints.

Rwcently i took my car in for inspection and failed due to ball joints which i was told the mid summer when I had a brake caliper replced I asked to have my suspension and alignment and brakes checked also to check any and all that had to due with my suspension and alignment and brakes also my ball joints which i'm told everything was fine no need for panic come inspection. I witnessed several techs and managers leave or be fired also those person's who made observations oviously are not around anymore to be held accountable brakes caliper muffler replacement now i'm told i have all these other problems which misteriously appeared on inspection day but prior to inspection day i was told my suspension ball joints aligment was ok i had to bring my car back for sqeaking from my brakes due to them not getting the extra few minutes it should have gotten because it's a foriegn car and a volvo volvo owners are very well informed consumers and and it's because they take care of thier cars most of us anyway and yes thier are wear and tear parts that need to be replaced and i understand that but when you take your car in and as for a full inspection you should get the truth they withheld key information which they sat on and when inspection time came they dropped the bomb and wanted to get back the money and then some for the gift certificate they gave me which clearly admitts fault !!! the manager was crude anmd rude and didn't want to get to the bottom of who said what then the owner called my house and threatened me today 10/15/07 and used profanity and said he would call and harrass me every 10 minutes and accused me of fraud when I stopped payment on the check and i informed him that i filed a complaint with the attrny generals's dept for consumer affairs then he got really mad and swore and threatened me hows that for customer srvc this business has no respect for people's cars and didn't have any for mine .

Concerned2007
pittsfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2007 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MIDAS-AUTOMOTIVE/DALTON-Massachusetts-01201/MIDAS-AUTOMOTIVE-FAILED-TO-PROPERLY-INFORM-ME-ON-NEEDED-REPAIRS-WHEN-ON-SEVERAL-OCCASIONS-278810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MIDAS AUTOMOTIVE

Whose business is it?

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

Sorry, but when you chose to post here in a public forum you allowed this situation to become our business. if you had wanted to keep it with just you and the Attorney general, that's all that should have known about it. Remember, three people can keep a secret as long as one of them is dead. Good look in your dealings.

I can imagine why.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""As far as the owner of the shop calling you every 10 minutes to harass you, I don't find believable nor can I imagine why. ""

The answer to this is buried in between the never ending run-on sentences.

""then the owner called my house and threatened me today 10/15/07 and used profanity and said he would call and harrass me every 10 minutes and accused me of fraud when I stopped payment on the check ""

Is it any wonder???

This Matter Doesn't Concern You Unless You Are The Attorney General

AUTHOR: Concerned2007 - (U.S.A.)

As I have stated regarding The Midas Company before I filed my complaint thier was enough history regarding this company and thier business practices pertaining to thier record on repair work that was less than satisfactory not to mention the fact that they ripp off the elderly and mentally challenged which is Low wether anyone on here thinks or not think that I have a valid claim enough the attny general thought enough of looking into it and forwarding it to the proper channels. Thier are several complaints against this company/franchise that are simular if not dead on so christian or whatever your name is mind your business because you don't know anything about this situation GET A LIFE

Your Story Holds Little Water

AUTHOR: Christian - (U.S.A.)

Sir,

I can't understand why a Midas shop, or any other automotive repair facility, would delay the services on a vehicle if said services were required. If your car had front end problems (i.e. Ball Joints) went you first brought it in for inspection your car would have been driving rather sloppily. What I'm saying is - it would have been obivous to both you and the service technician.

I don't know what kind of car you have (you didn't say) but Ball Joints are typically weight-bearing suspension componants that also serve as an axis point for your steering.

They will fail for many reasons, however Year/Make/Model, mileage, and driver habits are the most common and likely reasons.

As far as the owner of the shop calling you every 10 minutes to harass you, I don't find believable nor can I imagine why. Your claims of constant manager and staff turnover during the course of 2 months doesn't seem to fit either.

I find it highly unlikely, sir, that your claim to the Massachusetts Attorney General will go anywhere - if you even filed a grievance.

On a side note, you may consider a spell check next time, and perhaps a better understanding of what a "complete statement" is.

Best of luck to you.