Bobbie

• Updated: Wed, December 29, 2010

• Reported By: mike abbott — TULSA Oklahoma United States of America
MIDAS Auto Service
10920 E.21st South Tulsa, Oklahoma United States of America

MIDAS Auto Service Midas Ripped me off big time. Charged me $767.00 For a job That should have been $350.00+ - Then said MERRY XMAS Tulsa, Oklahoma

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Mr. Abbotts claim

I went to MIDAS to have them check breaks and a leak in Cooling system.

Left car there went next door to eat ...gave them cell# if any problems came up.

When I got back they were trying to find leak. I told them it need to be fixed.

I was thinking a heater hose or something? Next thing I know he's telling me it's

head of engine and had to take it apart. Turned out it was a small metal line with

a hole in it. that cost 50.00 chg me 150.00/ 260.00 for seals they didn't use.

Never told me what the charges would be un-till work was done. I've checked

with several other shops to see if price was close- 250.00 to 350.00 was est.

Don't go to Midas on 21st unless you want to get ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2010 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MIDAS-Auto-Service/Tulsa-Oklahoma-/MIDAS-Auto-Service-Midas-Ripped-me-off-big-time-Charged-me-76700-For-a-job-That-should-676216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MIDAS Auto Service

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Mr. Abbotts claim

AUTHOR: Alan Mahrt - (USA)

This vehicle was brought into the shop on November 30th by Eugene Abbott requesting a brake inspection and fix the coolant leak. At 3:01 pm after the repairs were reviewed with Eugene he SIGNED the estimate. As the repairs were being completed and the upper intake manifold was removed it was determined that the water pipe in the top intakehad a hole. At that time Eugene was called and informed the cost and he responded go ahead and fix it.The shop did not charge him labor to install the pipe and reduced the total labor of the ticket to help cover the cost of the pipe since they were not having to remove the lower intake.A courtesy follow up call was placed to Mr. Abbott on December 2ndwherea message was lefton his voice mailthanking him for his business and asking him to call if he had any questions or concerns. We have not heard from him. I have just triedto get in contact with Mr. Abbott at the phone number we have on file and the phone has been diconnected. If Mr. Abbott could contact the shop we will do what we can to rectify the situation.