- Report: #1016295
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MIDAS
MIDAS16910 Royalton Rd, Strongsville, Ohio United States of America
MIDAS brakes. rotors, serpentine belt, air filter Strongsville, Ohio
the service manager professionally pointed out a few items that I might need to have done at a later date, but no pressure was exerted.
This was not the experience I received at the Strongsville shop. As soon as I returned from a short shopping trip, the service manager took me out to my car in the service bay.
1. He immediately told me my both front and rear brake rotors were bad and that I needed both rotors and pads replaced. (rear pads had been replaced last spring and front pads in spring 2011. The Midas shop in Akron told me the pads were good in June 2012 but my rotors probably needed resurfaced.)
2. He also told me that my serpentine belt was cracked and needed replacement. (I looked the belt over closely-I check it for wear every 6 months- and found no cracking. Not satisfied with my analysis, he told me that the belt was dry rotted.
3. He also indicated my air filter may need replaced. (I had the air filter replaced 9/9/12)
4. He then told me about a slight thunk in my steering intermediate shaft under the dash. (I told him I was aware of the noise and lubricate it every year and it usually get rid of the noise.)
Bottom line, all he was trying to do was to see how much he could get customers to pay for services that were not immediately necessary. He did the same thing to a young woman and an older guy. (We were the only people in the shop at the time).
I would advise everyone in the Strongsville Ohio to boycott this Midas store!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MIDAS/Strongsville-Ohio-44136/MIDAS-brakes-rotors-serpentine-belt-air-filter-Strongsville-Ohio-1016295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.