- Report: #177624
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MIN VACATIONS - MVI MARKETING
MIN VACATIONS - MVI MARKETING410 WARE BOULEVARD TAMPA, Florida U.S.A.
MINI VACATIONS MVI MARKETING RIP OFF $572. FOR NOTHING PLANNED CRUISE FOR 7 DAYS OVER 1 YEAR TAMPA Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Concurrently we mailed in a check for $572.xx. This check was to cover port charges, government taxes and applicable processing fees.
Mini Vacations, Inc contacted us after they received our money and 3 different travel dates according to their guidleines. They advised us that the reservations we had requested were not available in according to their bookings.
They then offered a reschedule for another date earliest request date of September 1, 2005, or a refund. (which I should have done if I knew then what I know now)
They advised they could hold our check as a courtesy until we provide them with a new travel date and we called them on exactly Sept 1 2005 We had then schuedule our cruise for Feb 19 - Feb 26 2006. Received a new certificate #, and Certificate Code
To reassert our vacation we contacted Mini Vacation Inc, at 813-621-1841 and spoke with Donna at ext. 374. She had validated our sail date and reservation for our 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Miami, fl on Carnival Victory for Feb 192006 - Feb 26, 2006. Advised that we would be getting our written confirmation soon.
As time grew closer, we decided to call again, and again and again, to no avail. Even thought about taking a ride there. We called Carnival to check our booking, in which of course they had no booking.
We were never provided with a booking number or written confirmation from Mini Vacations so there was nothing they could do. They did provide us a internal research dept that is handling "thousands of complaints"
They also advised to contact the Better Business Bureau which provided me with the Florida Dept of Consumer Affairs - at http://www.800helpfla.com/us - and filed a complaint on line and also mailed all copies of all documentation,
I have also contacted the State Attorneys Office @ http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/4492D797DC0BD92F85256CB80055FB97/60FD9BD8FA71A5B185256CD1005EE5C5?OpenDocumenthttp:// I have not received a reply yet.
They also have 4 affliates.
1. ASTA- American Society of Travel Agents, Inc http://www.astanet.com/reply "(We have not been informed of any process for receiving a refund.You may want to contact the Florida Division of consumer services at 850-922-2966)", this reply was from from came from Catherine Clifton, Manager Consumer Affairs . Going back to step 1.
2. CLIA-Cruise Lines Assocation http://www.cruising.org/ has not replied yet.
3. ARC - Airline Reporting Corp - (however my vacation was cruise only so did not contact)
4. IATAN - International Airliens Travel Agents Network (again does not apply to me)
I am interested in filing for a class action suit- However wanted to know if there is anyone that knows of one that has already started.
Good Luck to everyone. Please update me with any further information. Thanks
WINTER SPRINGS, Florida
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2006 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MIN-VACATIONS-MVI-MARKETING/TAMPA-Florida-33619/MINI-VACATIONS-MVI-MARKETING-RIP-OFF-572-FOR-NOTHING-PLANNED-CRUISE-FOR-7-DAYS-OVER-1-Y-177624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.