depth

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: Pat — Miami Florida United States of America
MINI Cooper USA
16215 South Dixie Hwy Miami, Florida United States of America

MINI Cooper USA South Motors MINI Be forewarned. Do not buy a MINI Cooper from South Motors! Bought a brand new 2012 MINI Countryman on May 21st, unfortunately I had a car accident May 24th- $10K worth of damages. Had car towed Miami, Florida

Be forewarned. Do not buy a MINI Cooper from South Motors! Bought a brand new 2012 MINI Countryman on May 21st, unfortunately I had a car accident May 24th- $10K worth of damages. Had car towed to South Motors body shop May 29th. Today it is Aug 10th and I still dont have my car back! At every turn, parts have not been available, and must be shipped from Europe.  I have contacted EVERYONE and their mother at South Motors and the only answer they can give me is Nothing we can do! It is a MINI Cooper parts issue. Jorge Herreira has been the only one at South Motors who has been most helpful. MINI USA tells me When a new car model is released, we dont make many replacement parts because based on data, these parts will not be needed for awhile.  I guess wherever MINI USA is, people dont get into accidents!

To add to the story I just found out that the latest missing parts, the seat belt buckles, will-not be available to ship from Europe for 10 BUSINESS DAYS!!! It will be 3 MONTHS or more before we get the car back!!
All I have asked for throughout this whole mess is for someone, South Motor or MINI USA to give me a loner or pay for my rental beyond the 30 days my insurance paid for. NOBODY is willing to step up to the plate and provide some simple customer service.

South Motors was more than willing to stand behind MINI when they were selling me the car, but not so much now. Shame on you South Motors and MINI Cooper! And shame on me for buying MINI!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MINI-Cooper-USA/Miami-Florida-/MINI-Cooper-USA-South-Motors-MINI-Be-forewarned-Do-not-buy-a-MINI-Cooper-from-South-Motor-925673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MINI Cooper USA