Complaint Review: MJ Graphic Design / Bobbie Yerkey

• Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Ansbach Other
MJ Graphic Design / Bobbie Yerkey
www.mjgraphicdesign.com Internet U.S.A.

MJ Graphic Design / Bobbie Yerkey After five months of waiting she walked off with my money Internet

*Consumer Comment: Your response has no crediblitiy considering that you know no facts concerning my case.

*Consumer Comment: Professionalism Bobbie Yerkey

In March, I contacted MJ Graphic Design and asked the owner, Bobbie Yerkey, to design a logo and web-site for my store. I immediately paid a $400.00 deposit (the rest due on delivery of product) and was sent a questionnaire to fill out. This I did immediately.

At first, she worked on my logo diligently but soon, there would be two week periods where I did not hear from her and I would have to write trying to find out what was happening.

Finally, getting the work from her was very difficult. Months passed, and we were still working on the logo. I offered to have her call me or I could call her, if "communication" was the problem. It took three weeks of trying for me to finally be able to set up an appointment where she would call me.

It is important to note that on her web-site there are no means to contact her other than email. She has no telephone number or address displayed. I don't even know what part of the U.S. she lives in.

Finally, the day for her to call me arrived. And, she stood me up. No call. I sent her a scathing email asking her directly, if this was a scam. She replied that she had lost power for three days and that she does not like to talk to clients of the phone.

Soon thereafter, work continued on my web-site. She rarely followed my written instructions or direction and so what she sent me was more often, than not, unacceptable. After five months, she had come up with a logo (that she never quite finished) and she had barely worked on my web-site.

In August, she went silent for almost a month. I waited for almost 4 weeks, and then after much badgering on my part, she sent a web-site design suggestion that did not fit my specifications at all. Then I got no response after that. I warned her that I would terminate our working relationship if she did not respond to my emails. She did not respond. I told her that I would walk away if she released my logo to me. Again no response.

So,from one day to the next, she no longer responded to my emails and she closed my account on her web-site. I have no logo and no web-site and she kept my money.

I do not see how I can recover my money but, at least I can stop others from falling for her trap. The cruelty of it is that it targets those people who are just starting out and it destroys their dreams even before they get started.

Catherine
Ansbach
Germany

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2008 01:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MJ-Graphic-Design-Bobbie-Yerkey/internet/MJ-Graphic-Design-Bobbie-Yerkey-After-five-months-of-waiting-she-walked-off-with-my-mone-380677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MJ Graphic Design / Bobbie Yerkey

AUTHOR: Catherine - (Germany)

I was beyond patient and accomodating as far as my web-site and logo were concerned.

I asked for nothing but, what was agreed upon when I entered into a business relationship with Ms. Yerkey.

You have no idea what the the facts of this case are and you are writing sheer supposition that has no basis in what really happened.

Bottom-line. I paid my money upfront and in a timely fashion and was given nothing in return. She did not even have the courtesy to release to me the little that she had done so that I could have the work finished by someone else.

Professionalism Bobbie Yerkey

AUTHOR: Patty95 - (U.S.A.)

Your comments are not valid. I have worked with Ms. Yerkey for over 10 years in the professional field. I do happen to know that in late July of 2008 Ms. Yerkey had lost her grandmother and was assisting her own mother with arrangements. I know for a fact that she kept in contact with all clients waiting on service. It has been my experience that some clients continually ask her to go above and beyond for free. They continually ask for this instead of what was ordered thinking that it won't take that much time. Ms. Yerkey has always been very professional and would never scam anyone. It is my guess that what you wanted was something for nothing and was not happy when you had to pay for it.