Complaint Review: MJ Graphic Design- Bobbie Yerkie

• Updated: Thu, April 02, 2009

• Reported By:Saint Louis Missouri
MJ Graphic Design- Bobbie Yerkie
mjgraphicdesign.com Internet U.S.A.

MJ Graphic Design- Bobbie Yerkie Horrible communication, failed to finish the job and stole my money while I received nothing in return!! St. Louis Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response from Laura Reichman through email

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Laura Reichman of Itsy Bitsy Boutique www.ibboutique.com

I found Bobbie on the internet and discussed using her to design my logo and website for my home-based business. I sent her a $400 deposit for a "custom designed website" and filled out the questionaire with many details to get started. She sent me a few mock-ups which were all very similar with mostly color differences - none of which fit the look I was going for. It was as if she didn't even read the questionaire!!

After asking to have new mock-ups done, I lost contact with her and she didn't respond to my emails as you can't get in touch with her by phone as there is no phone # on her contact us page. After finally getting in touch after a couple of weeks she said she had been out of town and out of power. I sent her a bunch of pictures and when I asked for the disc back she said that she was in the middle of moving and everything was packed up and she would look for them once she was able to get everything unpacked. Needless to say, I have never heard from Bobbie again, I have not received my files back and I don't have a website!! I have tried sending emails to get her to call me and she never was able to schedule anything and stopped returning my emails as well. I never saw my money again either.

Laura
Saint Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2009 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MJ-Graphic-Design-Bobbie-Yerkie/internet/MJ-Graphic-Design-Bobbie-Yerkie-Horrible-communication-failed-to-finish-the-job-and-stol-417283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MJ Graphic Design- Bobbie Yerkie

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response from Laura Reichman through email

AUTHOR: Bobbie - (U.S.A.)

after contacting Laura Reichman about the false report she filed here, she responded to me through email with the statement....

yes I overstated some things

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Laura,
I very hurt by your untruthful comments. Not only did you receive a custom logo design, business card design, apparel label design, 18 different website mockups based on your requests and a fully functioning installed website but you also received 76 hours of design work. Which is well above and beyond what you paid for. You only paid me $400.00 and still owe a balance on your account.

I worked on your design for close to 5 months and you couldn't make up your mind on what you wanted. At one point you even apologized to me for being so difficult to work with and not knowing what you wanted. I requested information to complete your design numerous times through email and also over the phone. You did not reply to these requests or send the information I needed. You have all of my contact information including phone number, mailing address and email address. The last time I heard from you was on July 23, 2008. This was 3 months after you stopped replying to me. Prior to that the last correspondence I received from you was on April 22, 2008. You contacted me on July 23, 2008 demanding that I send you the logo that I had already provided you with. You did not once request that I send a disc with your pictures back to you. Had you requested it, I would have sent it back to you.

Per the terms and conditions that you agreed to by purchasing a service from me I terminated the project after 30 days of non-communication from you. At that time you forfeited the package pricing and all work reverted to an hourly fee of $45.00 an hour. The outstanding balance is now $3020.00. Up until this point I have chosen not to pursue the outstanding balance. It also clearly states in the terms and conditions that all payments are NON-refundable. I am sorry if you are unhappy with these terms and conditions but you did agree to them and they were clearly posted on my website for you to refer back to at any time.

At this point I am not sure what I can do to make you happy. I tried for almost 5 months to please you and you were never happy with anything I did for you. You received services that were well above and beyond what you ordered and paid for. You continuously asked for more and expected me to do it for free. You were only supposed to receive 1 website mockup with up to 2 revisions. You received 18.

Again, I am sorry that you are unhappy with the services you received. But please don't make false statements trying to damage my business and my name. You did receive a completed logo design, business card design, apparel label design and a fully functioning website. I keep all records of correspondence and files. If anybody reading this would like more information please contact me.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds