Complaint Review: MKS Simple Escapes

• Updated: Sun, March 02, 2003

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
MKS Simple Escapes
, Connecticut U.S.A.

MKS Simple Escapes AKA MemberWorks, Inc UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CARD TRANSACTION - victimized many consumers ? BBB member! Florida Attorney General open and pending investigation Connecticut

I am still sitting here with my jaw open! I was reviewing my online bank statement this morning Sunday, 3/2/03, and noticed a check card charge of $134.95, for withdrawal on 3/3/03.

Contacted the bank via email and tried the phone number for lost/stolen cards to see if they could stop the transaction and she said I would have to call tomorrow. I do not know who these people are or how they got my personal information for this transaction - I have not made any transactions for $134.95.

I at first thought it might have been a charge from the trip I just booked, I contacted them and they confirmed that it had nothing to do with my upcoming trip. From what I see on this website it looks as though this company is working it hot and heavy. Well, I will not take this and will go as far as I can to see that whatever I am capable of doing will be done to stop this company.

From some research I have done - they are a part of MemberWorks, Inc, who is registered with the Better Business Bureau, which has been successfully sues in Minnesota. They go be numerous names, i.e. 24 Assist - Canada, Card Protect Plus, DealTime, Galleria, Lifestyles Rewards - Canada, Main Street Savings, Money Master, MWI, Quick Assist, Simply You, Travel Arrangements, Travel Source - Canada and ValueMax - Canada.

Also, in the State of Florida Attorney General has a open and pending investigation for MemberWorks, Inc. "Illegal telemarketing and/or credit card "cramming". Case Number: L00-3-1920.

Paula
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2003 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MKS-Simple-Escapes/Connecticut/MKS-Simple-Escapes-AKA-MemberWorks-Inc-UNAUTHORIZED-DEBIT-CARD-TRANSACTION-victimized-47588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MKS Simple Escapes