Complaint Review: MLICets

• Submitted: Sun, December 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 04, 2009

• Reported By:Washington D.C. District of Columbia
MLICets
450 Lexington Ave New York, New York U.S.A.

Mlicets - Maple Leaf International Consulting - Educational Testing Service - Educational Testing Prep Service GRE, GMAT, LSAT GRE prep course did not prepare me for the exam New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: Jessica Dolim's report is malicious and fraudulent

I wanted to raise my GRE scores and MLIC promises a 1300+ score guarantee with your own personal instructor, and online review sessions. After paying $700 for the 4 week course, I was assigned an instructor. I turned in all my assignments on time and received some feedback initially. However, as time went on I did not receive the help that was promised and became very frustrated with the material. Each time I was scheduled for a review session it was either rescheduled, canceled, or there was a server outage. During the last 2 weeks of the prep course I did not receive any feedback from my instructor. Three nights before my exam, I was called for a review session. I was told that my methods for answering the problems were all wrong. I was laughed at when I did not know an answer. The instructor yelled at me and told me I had dedicated no time to the course, a rude racial comment was made, and I was accused of wasting the instructor's time. After taking the exam and not doing as well as promised, I called to discuss my issues. I was also treated offensively, yelled at, and hung up on.

I agree with Fairfax, VA. Find a more reliable online GRE prep program.

Anonymous
Washington D.C., District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2008 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MLICets/New-York-New-York-10017/Mlicets-Maple-Leaf-International-Consulting-Educational-Testing-Service-Educationa-401239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MLICets

Jessica Dolim's report is malicious and fraudulent

AUTHOR: Randal Nelson - (U.S.A.)

Apparently, this report has been filed by Jessica Dolim, who registered to attend the GRE online prep course with our company. She failed to attend all review sessions as scheduled; she attended one and left 5 minutes into the session. The company scheduled a special review session a few days before her test, and the trainer noticed that she had not brushed up on her geometry formulas and had not completed most of the remedial assignments provided to her. Her excuse was that she was busy and could not participate in the training. She was advised that she would not be eligible for the score guarantee because she failed to attend the sessions as scheduled and had not completed her assignments as required. Nobody yelled at her during the one-on-one review. Ms. Jessica Dolim disputed the charge through her credit card issuer and took it to arbitration. The Card Association ruled in favor of the company, and Jessica Dolim was found guilty of making fraudulent assertions and charges. MLIC provides the best training in GRE General test areas. If you need more information about Jessica Dolim's vexatious and fraudulent complaint, please contact us at 1 212 682 5000.