Complaint Review: MLM Formula-Josh Cope

• Submitted: Thu, December 30, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, December 22, 2012

• Reported By: Betty — Dayton Ohio U.S.A.
MLM Formula-Josh Cope

MLM Formula-Josh Cope How many times do you get scammed before you learn Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Company Response: MLM Formula Josh Cope Ripoff Report

*Author of original report: Josh Copp-MLM Formula

On 10/21/2010, I purchases MLM Formula for $25.00. I should have known that they would be back for more money. They convinced me that I need to purchase the "Instant Speed Sponsoring Machine" forthree payments of $137.00=$411.00. They were to set up the whole web sight, nothing for me to do, and I would be making money in less than two days. Well, it's been two months and I have had absolutely no activity. Not one click. I blame myself for falling for another internet scam. Don't even consider this company. I e-mailed them about my dissatisfaction with things and they basically said, sorry, you had 15 days to cancel so we owe you nothing. A sucker born every day, just don't be one like me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2010 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MLM-Formula-Josh-Cope/internet/MLM-Formula-Josh-Cope-How-many-times-do-you-get-scammed-before-you-learn-Internet-676836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MLM Formula-Josh Cope

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Company Response: MLM Formula Josh Cope Ripoff Report

AUTHOR: Josh Cope - (United States of America)

I am truly sorry for your experience. My goal of contacting you was not to request that you take down your original post. It was to make sure that your dissatisfaction with my company and I had been resolved in a positive manner.

After our conversation, you offered to try to remove your original complaint from this board, since you had received a full refund for your purchases. So I am very surprised to research this today and find your damaging second post.

I want to start off by saying that you are absolutely correct: I should have been aware of your frustration much sooner than I was. And I apologize that I was unaware of your concerns before finding your post here on RipOffReport.com.

Had I known that you were dissatisfied with my company before that time, I would have immediately contacted you as I did a few months ago when I first discovered your comments here on this site.

I was under the mistaken impression that your concerns were resolved a long time ago, since I had issued a full refund for all of your purchases.

Your bank did not refund a dime of your money.

Banks are never the ones to refund their customers for any purchases, even in cases where your credit card was flat-out stolen. Businesses are the ones who refund money, even in cases of disputed transactions (sometimes referred to as Back-Charges). Banks are simply the intermediary.

You can ask anyone at your local bank and they will confirm this is true.

For example, if someone steals your credit card and racks up $300 at a local department store, it is the department store who is out of the money when you report your card stolen. Your bank simply collects the funds from the department store's bank account and credits the money back to you.

So I was under the impression that my Customer Service team had resolved your concerns since you received a full refund on every one of your purchases. I have a "no questions asked" refund policy, which I honored by refunding every dollar that you spent with my company.

But as the owner of my business, I am ultimately responsible for your experience. So please accept my apology that I did not better respond to your concerns.

As a result of this issue I have instituted a better reporting process in my Customer Service department so I will be alerted sooner if something like this were to ever occur again (although my hope is that it will not).

Secondly, it was never my intention to make you feel as though you needed to purchase additional services from me in order to be successful. As I did over the phone, I want to once again apologize to you if that is how you felt. Your $25 initial membership fee gave you access to all of the training you need to be successful.

After briefly reviewing the training, you decided on your own to purchase one of my additional programs, the "Instant Speed Sponsoring Machine". That's because you wanted my technical team to put your entire online recruiting system together for you.

The Instant Speed Sponsoring Machine includes an array of additional services, including... purchasing a domain name for you, paying for your autoresponder service, creating your website, writing a custom email series to go out to your prospects, and even hosting everything for you.

It should go without saying, but this takes a significant amount of custom work for my team and I to complete all of this for you. Additionally, it costs money to host a website, provide autoresponder services, and buy a domain for you -- everything that is included with your purchase of the Instant Speed Sponsoring Machine. So of course there is an additional charge for this.

This is no different than if you choose to pay someone to mow your lawn rather than do it yourself. Furthermore, it should be no surprise to you when the lawn service company charges extra when you ask them to do additional things like clean out your gutters.

In other words, I hope you understand that my business is no different than any other business. With additional services come additional costs.

But again, it was not required and it was ultimately your choice to have my team and I set everything up for you, rather than follow the training to do it on your own.

Lastly, I sincerely regret that my program did not work for you. As I'm writing this, I just pulled my records to the training area where you had access to all of the training videos and members-only content.

I see that you spent 27 minutes going through all of the cutting-edge information that is available inside my elite member's area.

I hope that you understand that you're not going to put in 27 minutes of effort and "get results" with any new skill you set out to master. Especially when it comes to building a successful business.

Through our phone conversation, I know that you own a copy/printing business called Flash Quick Copy. Did you build your printing business in 27 minutes?

Nowhere in my marketing materials do I say that with 27 minutes worth of effort you will have a wildly successful network marketing business using my program.

Frankly, this line of thinking is insulting to everyone out there who has poured their blood, sweat, and tears into their business in order to achieve success.

In fact, if anyone reading this post right now honestly believes that 27 minutes is all it takes to be successful in your business, please do not purchase my program. Or if you just purchased my program, please contact me immediately and I will issue a no-questions-asked refund.

On the other hand, if you're willing to let my team and I help you... If you're willing to get on my live training webinars that are included with the program... And if you're willing to truly dedicate yourself to achieving your goals in this industry.... I welcome you with open arms.

That's what the MLM Formula family is all about.

So in conclusion, Betty, I regret that you were unsatisfied with my program. My goal is to provide every one of my students with 10x the value that you paid for. And even if you decide it's not right for you, I strive to do everything I possibly can to make sure you walk away with a positive overall experience.

I believe I proved this by personally picking up the phone and calling you as soon as I discovered your original post here on RipOffReport.com.

And finally, to everyone who may be considering becoming a member of the MLM Formula family, I hope that you do not judge my business based on a single unfortunate misunderstanding. 1,000's of students have taken advantage of my training and services to revolutionize their business, and they have emerged as raving fans of my strategies.

You can confidently do the same.

All the best,
Josh Cope
Creator of MLMFormula.com

Josh Copp-MLM Formula

AUTHOR: Betty - (U.S.A.)

Today I received a call from Josh Copp, MLM Formula, asking me to remove my complaint.  Since I don't know how to remove it, (I think it is impossible to remove complaints), I am writing an update.  I did in fact receive a full refund after I filed a complaint with my bank.  They reversed the charges, not MLM.   Does this constitute a refund from MLM?  I think not but the fact is I did get a refund, that's all I wanted.  I hate bate & switch which is what happened to me.  So Mr. Josh Copp I advising the Rip Off community that a refund was received.  Let me give you a little advise since you took the trouble to read my report, one year later.  When you advertise that a product costs X number of dollars.  Sell it for that price.  After they purchase it, don't start adding add ons that is supposed to make you more profitable.  We buy the programs because it's what we can afford, we don't want to amass big credit card dollars, especially since you say in the beginning, this is all you need.  I'm very disolutioned with internet marketing and have stayed away from it.  I never even consider an internet  purchase unless I check Rip Off to see is they have complaints.