Complaint Review: M&M Insurance Company

• Reported By: arcordova63 — Lehi Utah
M&M Insurance Company
5620 S Rice Ave Houston, Texas USA

M&M Insurance Company FRAUD ALERT - DO NOT CASH THE CHECK Houston Texas

Yesterday I received a letter from M&M Insurance Company out of Houston TX advising me that I had been selected to be a Secret Shopper. A check for $1885.55 was also enclosed.  Since I had never applied to perform this type of work, a red flag went up.

I called a branch of the bank in Houston that the check was drawn on and the teller was able to validate that the check was drawn on an Active account - for M&M Lighting.  I looked up M&M Lighting on the Web and the address matched but the phone number didn’t.

I then looked up the phone number listed on the letter and was directed to the Ripoff Report website.

I am so glad that I didn’t call this company or cash this check! I will be calling the police and filing a report as recommended by D.Lindsey of SC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MM-Insurance-Company/Houston-Texas-77081/MM-Insurance-Company-FRAUD-ALERT-DO-NOT-CASH-THE-CHECK-Houston-Texas-1062542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M&M Insurance Company