- Report: #1062899
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: M&M Lighting, Inc
M&M Lighting, Inc5620 Rice Avenue Houston, Texas USA
M&M Lighting, Inc. Beware of the large check from Spain...not really from M&M Lighting. Cashing will empty your pockets!!! Houston Texas
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I received a check in the mail from Spain in the amount of $1,985.25 written on a Houston bank. It looked real. It was supposedly a payroll check for me to spend as a "Secret Shopper" at popular American retail stores, such as Walmart. I was given a user ID and password to use online to activate the check. Because I was suspicious, I "activated" the check using a fake Email address and phone number and received these instructions:
1. Deposit Check into regular bank account (saving or checking, check purpose: PAYROLL)
2. Funds should be available between 12-24 hours.
3. Deduct your participation pay: $350.00
4. Withdraw balance money to do assigned assignment.(Proceed to next step immediatelly).
5. Generate your assignment break down (Locate store to evaluate)
6. COMPLETE EVALUATION FORM WITH INFORMATION OBTAINED AFTER EVALUATION
Of course I didn't cash the check, but I did generate my "first assignment":
SURVEY 1A (WESTERN UNION)
Locate any WESTERN UNION agent in your area. Click on below image to search for store or agent in your area to evaluate.
Pose as a customer sending money to friend or relation.
This is to enhance us investigate money been sent from some WESTERN UNION outlets and never get to target destination.
You must keep your purpose confidential and do not let your attendant know that you are doing evaluation on them hence they will try to convince you not to do it.
At the WESTERN UNION Store.
Fill up Money Transfer Form, for $1176.00 plus $84.00 send fees for Money in Minutes.
Receiver full name is ZELLER [+MY LAST NAME] at our International processing center:
- City: MADRID
- State: MADRID
- Country: SPAIN
Address or zip code is not required to send money.
There was a second assignment, SURVEY 1B (MONEY GRAM). It was similar to the first only the money was sent via MoneyGram to Atlanta:
Complete a simple Send Form with below informations (Choose 10-Minutes Service) :
- Receiver City: ATLANTA
- Receiver State / Province: GEORGIA
- Receiver Country: USA
- Receiver First Name / Last Name: COWLING [+MY LAST NAME]
- Amount to Sent: $299.00
- Fees: $24.00
- Test Question: WIND
- Test Answer: SOON
I didn't fall for any of this. My prediction: The check will bounce and I will be stuck holding the bag!
By the way I called the real M&M Lighting in Houston (the company really exists...their name and address has been hijacked by these scammers). They said they receive many calls with the same questions and assured me that they are not involved in this unlawful hoax (the grifters use another phone number that directs the caller to their website for "the assignment").
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MM-Lighting-Inc/Houston-Texas-77081/MM-Lighting-Inc-Beware-of-the-large-check-from-Spainnot-really-from-MM-Lighting-1062899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.