Complaint Review: M.N.D. Report Office

• Submitted: Fri, August 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 23, 2008

• Reported By:Langley, WA 09260 Washington
M.N.D. Report Office
2316 Delaware Ave, Suite 306 Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

M N D Report Office - M N D MAIN NOTIFICATION ENTRY DATA AWARD AMOUNT COMMENSURATION Buffalo New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Be Careful

Received a Delivery Announcement advising me of the developments of our Records Data MATCHING you numbers with identifying Sequence presented for final Verification. Has an ID number. $1,400,000 in Prize amounts as Reported by our Prize Compilation Department. This is your Actual Delivery Arrangement form for prompt action.

They wand me to enclose the appointed fee of $20 payable to 'M.N.D.

Being me - I am very skeptical. If it is too good to be true - then it isn't, is my belief. Its printed on a page with a fancy Green boarder with Red stamp letters. Enclose is a return envelope marked Office of Records SECURE MAIL. To be sent All within Three days

Anyone out there is Cyberspace get one of these Notification? Any Suggestions or Thoughts?

Anonymous
Langley, WA 09260, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MND-Report-Office/Buffalo-New-York-14216/M-N-D-Report-Office-M-N-D-MAIN-NOTIFICATION-ENTRY-DATA-AWARD-AMOUNT-COMMENSURATION-Buffa-365883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M.N.D. Report Office

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Be Careful

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

You don't give too much info in your report, but I would be very skeptical.

1. They are only asking for $20. Most people won't worry about losing $20, even if it is a scam. The cost of recovering the $20 is more than that.
2. If you send them a check, you've given them your bank name, routing number and checking account number. They don't need anything else to drain you account. If you send a money order, then they'll get their $20 and go on to someone else who may give them a check.
3. You cannot win a prize or contest without entering it. Did you enter a contest or drawing?
4. Fee had to be sent in 3 days RED FLAG. How would they know when you received the mailing to put that time limit on it?

I received a phone call from a company stating that I had won a prize from an event I attended two years ago. Of course I couldn't remember the event or what I may have entered. They used a different name for the event that I didn't recognize. Would not give me the date of the event. They were relying on that. Then the personal questions started and other conversations that sent me a red flag warning. I terminated the call. I am very paranoid when I get unsolicited mails or phone calls saying I won something from an event I never entered or remembered entering. I don't respond to any of them.