Complaint Review: MNI * CREDITREPORT.COM

• Updated: Sun, January 16, 2011

• Reported By: Rick — South Portland Maine United States of America
MNI * CREDITREPORT.COM
Unknown Internet, California United States of America

MNI * CREDITREPORT.COM Hacked Into My Debit Card Account. Stole My Money. Internet, California

*Consumer Comment: Ummm..

Yesterday (1/15/11) while balancing my checkbook, I discovered an unauthorized withdrawal of $14.95 made on 12/21/09. The withdrawal was for "Recurring Withdrawal Debit Card." It was made by a company called MNI * CREDITREPORT.COM. It's a California-based company with a phone number of 866-883-3309 according to my statement. I've never heard of this company and I never authorized it to take money from my account. I'm horrified by the word "recurring" to describe the withdrawal. That means the company plans to rip me off repeatedly. This company is nothing but a scam. It hacked into my account and stole my money. I called my credit union but it was closed because it is not open on Saturdays. I will call them again tomorrow (Monday) to report this crime. What else can I do to make sure this fraudulent outfit does not wipe out my bank account? Please advise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2011 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MNI-CREDITREPORTCOM/Internet-California-Unknown/MNI-CREDITREPORTCOM-Hacked-Into-My-Debit-Card-Account-Stole-My-Money-Internet-Calif-683207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MNI * CREDITREPORT.COM

Ummm..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Well first I hope you meant 12/21/10 and not 09.

Now, these companies do not need to put debits through on random debit card numbers. So either you had someone else use your debit card to get their credit report, or you went to a site and entered in your debit card number didn't read all of the terms and ended up agreeing to sign up for credit monitoring.

Call up the number listed and let them know you never signed up for the service and not only want it cancelledyou want that money refunded. If they refuse then you just need to put in a dispute with your bank.

But, if you really think your Card was "hacked" look to see if your Credit Union does have a 24 Hour number to report lost/stolen cards. If it does not think about if the lower fees you are paying are really worth it.