Complaint Review: MNI

• Submitted: Thu, March 31, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2011

• Reported By: sosllc — Arcadia Missouri United States of America

MNI CreditReport.com Fraudulant Activity , Internet

My son is 19 and has never had any credit before so I thought it would be wise if I showed him how to get his credit report and score.  I selected a "SAFE" credit reporting company known as "CreditReport.com" feeling that this FREE service would set a good example.

We used my son's ATM debit card, seeing that most sevices ask for such information prior to releasing information I didn't think it was unusuall.  Was that a mistake on my part, I thought I had seen it all, but who expected this company to be such a fraudulant rip-off.

It wasn't too long after receiving his "FREE" credit report, where he wasn't even located and didn't really get any report at all since they could find anything on him, he starting receiving charges of $14.95 from MNI, aka CreditReport.com, on his bank statement.  I just assumed that this was my fault, that I may have not read all the "fine print" and would have to have the service cancelled.

Well that was a big run-around, then when we thought his account was cancelled, he still was receiving fees of $14.95.  Again we called and they said they would cancell it for sure, and they did, for a few months.  Now here it is March and not only do they suddenly start up fees again, they raise the fee to $19.95 and bill him twice in four days once on 3/25 and again on 3/28.  Even more frustrating is the fact that he didn't have funds in his account to cover the charges so an additional $25.00 for each transaction was held against him for insufficient funds.

My son didn't have credit, used a credit reporting service, now has bad credit becuase of a rip-off company known as CreditReport.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2011 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MNI/internet/MNI-CreditReportcom-Fraudulant-Activity-Internet-712398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MNI