Complaint Review: MONRO

• Updated: Thu, May 10, 2012

• Reported By: younglnd — Eden United States of America
5598 Camp rd Hamburg, New York United States of America

MONRO fraudulent charge quote!!!. Hamburg, New York

On May 5th 2012 I stopped in MONRO for an oil change, I spoke to F Torres, whom I believe is the manager. I also asked if he could check the rear brakes as the were squeeking and puplsating.I went to my sons to awit the call for the problem. When he (Torres) called he proceeded to tell me that I needed, rear brakes shoes, 2 brake drum ,brake hardware wheel cylinder and brake system flush. He quoted me $615. I told him, ok, thank you but I will call my mechanic! just do the oil change. He said oh, you aren't even going to give me a chance to try and lower the price, I said not until I talk to my mechanic, just do the oil change, hesaid let me see what I can do. Calls me back and says, well Ican turn the drum and it will lower the cost down to $125. i said no just do the oil change. I went and picked up my car, and IMMEDIATELY noticed my brakes were very low, almost pushing pedal to the floor before stopping!! I was very afraid to drive my car. I took it to my mechanic on 5/9/12, (he was closed, thus not driving my car, for fear of safety). He looked it over fixe it and calle me to say, Linda, I just ad to turn the drums, a little bit, your brakes are almost new, and theres nothing wrong with the cylinders. I charged you $38.00 with tax, $41.33.
I said John did you noticed anything when you first got in the car, he said yes, the brake pedal goes to floor before stopping, when I took it apart the turned the adjusters way down, so you would have a problem.
I have gone to my mechanic for 20 years, he is the most fair guy, very honest and will not do anything unless it needs to be done!
I can not believe that MONRO would do this such a dishonest thing to do to people. My son also has a friend who used to work for MONRO and they were told to sabatage stuff!! this is unreal.!
 I was not ripped of per say but I wonder how many people they do this to for real!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MONRO/Hamburg-New-York-14057/MONRO-fraudulent-charge-quote-Hamburg-New-York-881003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MONRO