Complaint Review: M.O.R.E., Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, July 22, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 25, 2012

• Reported By: FJSibr — Elkhart Illinois United States of America
M.O.R.E., Inc.
305 E. Main Street Goessel, Kansas United States of America

M.O.R.E., Inc. Promised Refund Still Have'nt Received Goessel, Kansas

*Author of original report: Payment Finally Received

I received a letter from MORE, Inc. in late May 2012 about some new marketing campaign called "Cell Phone Revolution", and included a DVD along with a 50 page letter explaining about this program. You could buy shares in this program, and they would do all the advertising for you, and you would receive a proportional share of the profits that MORE, Inc. collected. You could buy one share for $749, and they had plans to buy three, or five shares. Each share also would require you to commit to $27 per month for your share of advertising costs.

This sounded good, an easy way to make money, so I purchased one share. My debit card has a daily limit which is less than the $749 cost for one share, so I sent them a bank money order for $749. About twelve days to two weeks later, I received a confirmation letter stating they received my payment, and sent another DVD and long letter. The jist of these was that now I would have to spend an additional $325, to realize the full benefit of this program. There was no mention in the first DVD or letter stating anything about this.

After considering this new information for a few days, I decided to opt out of this program. I called MORE, Inc,. left a voice-mail message that I wanted to opt out of this "Cell Phone Revolution" program, and would like a refund given to me, as well as for them to not charge my debit card monthly for the advertising fees of $27 per month.

I received a voice-mail message from them the next day, at a different number what they were instructed to call me at, and the voice stated I would be mailed a refund after 30 days had passed.

These 30 days have passed, and then some. I started calling them last week, on Wednesday July 18, 2012, and finally talked to some guy. He looked up my name and info, and stated that yes, a refund had been mailed on July 12, 2012. Even gave me an alleged check number. So, six days had already passed, no refund check, which I told him, to which he replied, things take time to be mailed and received by who it is going to. I call again the next day after no refund check in the mail again. Some lady answered, looked up my name and info. She also stated that yes, the refund check has been mailed, supposedly on July 12th, but since their offices are usually closed on Fridays, it may not have been mailed until Monday July 16, 2012. Well, the whole week passed, and no refund check was received by me through last Saturday, July 21, 2012. When I asked the lady on the phone if she was sure that the check was mailed, that she was not just telling me that to get rid of me, she laughed and said, all I can tell you sir is what is on my computer screen.

As a reference point, I have received letters mailed from the state of California in just 4-5 days, which is a lot further away than Kansas. My refund is way past their stupid and moronic 30 day waiting period. Some businesses make out a check, place it in an envelope, address and stamp said envelope, then hold it for 7-10 days before mailing. Not sure if MORE, Inc is doing this.

However, if I was a betting person, I would wager they have not even sent the refund check yet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MORE-Inc/Goessel-Kansas-67053/MORE-Inc-Promised-Refund-Still-Havent-Received-Goessel-Kansas-915704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M.O.R.E., Inc.

Payment Finally Received

AUTHOR: FJSibr - (United States of America)

Pleased to announce that I received my refund of $749 today, 07-25-12. Letter apparently missent to another town by mistake. Took 9 days to arrive at my residence, despite all the computerized equipment the USPostal service has, to prevent such things happening.