Complaint Review: MORGAN & POTTINGER

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: MARGARET — CAMDEN Tennessee United States of America
204 E MARKET STLOUISVILLE, KY LOUISVILLE, Kentucky United States of America

First I am a senior citizen living on a monthly income social security, I had a stroke unable to work to facilitate income.  I made a large mistake when I went to court with morgan and pottinger the debt was 10 years old and the sol had ran out on it.  But I did not know this.  I agreed to pay 45.00 per month.

I was sending them 45.00 a month well to my surprise I get a garnishment on my checking account.  Which held the balance of my Social Security check.  The bank charged me 100.00 for handling the garnishment.  gave Morgan & Pottinger 125.00 (my grocery money for the balance of the month) and then the bank charged me 35.00 for each check they bounced due to overdraft.  Well I find that you cannot garnishee Social security funds. so the bank refunded my money but not Morgan and Pottinger.  Which by law I could have sued.

Now today they have called again they call and harass me on a regular weekly basis.  I now only pay with a money order they will never have access to my social security funds again.  NOTICE: if you pay them do it with a money order only never with a check with an account number.  This organization are shysters!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MORGAN-POTTINGER/LOUISVILLE-Kentucky-/MORGAN-POTTINGER-COLLECTION-AGENCY-BEWARE-OF-THIS-COMPANY-SHYSTERS-LOUISVILLE-Kentucky-949163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MORGAN & POTTINGER