Complaint Review: MOS Magazine

• Submitted: Sat, May 31, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, May 31, 2003

• Reported By:West Carrollton Ohio
MOS Magazine
Ney York, New York U.S.A.

MOS Magazine ripoff recieve a call from MOS should hang up immediately New York New York

It all started when I recieved a call at home. They were selling some kind of magazine subscriptions. Everything sounded fine, they even threw in a free watch.

Well, the next week I signed up for the Army, so I called to cancel my subscription. I told them that I would be leaving for Basic training soon and that I would not be able to read any magazines while I was away. This is where the trouble started.

At first they were trying to tell me that they could lower my payments if that would change my mind. I told them that i wanted to cancel my subscription and I was not interested in lowering my payments.

Next they told me that they could switch the address and send them to me while I was in Basic. I told them again that I would not have time for reading magazines and that I just wanted my money back.

Then they offered to send the magazines to someone else for me. I kept saying that all I wanted to do was get my money back. After arguing for about 20 minutes, they finally said that they would honor my request of canceling my subscription and crediting my account.

Well, the next week, I checked my bank statement and everything was correct. My account had been credited the payment of $66.58 and I was fine with that.

When I recieved my bank statement earlier this week, I have a new charge of $56.58 from MOS Magazines. Anyone who recieves a call from MOS should hang up immediately.

Bryan
West Carrollton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2003 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MOS-Magazine/Ney-York-New-York/MOS-Magazine-ripoff-recieve-a-call-from-MOS-should-hang-up-immediately-New-York-New-York-59083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MOS Magazine