• Submitted: Mon, May 03, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, May 03, 2010

• Reported By: Thomas Lucero — Show Low Arizona United States of America
p.o box 96088 Bellvue Wa. 98009 Internet, Washington United States of America

MOTOROLA - VERIZON WIRELESS verizon blames motorola for defective product, my contract is with verizon for services (Phones) 8 in 7 mos. Internet, Washington

We have 2 Motorola Rival phones from Verizon, in 7 mos. we have had 6 replacements sent to us. Out of the 8 phones we have had 6 have had the same exact problem.
The phones lock up or turn off when in use, ie when replying to a text or when answering a call. Most Xs the phone will restart after a few minutes. frequently we need to remove the battery to get the phone to reset.

I have spoken to numerous Customer service reps. about this and they can do nothing but send me another phone of the same model. Each which has had the same or similar defect.  There is no new software to download for this phone. Verizon CSR's continue to inform me that the problem is with Motorola not with Verizon, However my contract is with verizon not Motorola.

Options given to me were to purchase a used device (reconditioned/like new) out of pocket, a different model. I am going to end up being stuck with phones that do not work when the 1 year warranty runs out, and will need to take Verizon to court for breach of contract. If you are like me and need to do this take them to SMALL CLAIMS COURT, no attorneys just you and a rep. from Verizon.

This seems inline with Toyota's line of thinking,ie let the problem go until someone gets hurt then we will fix it & apolagize to the public!

These are communication devices and need to be reliable! Onstar would not permit this type of device to be used, Verizon shouldn't permit it either!

Thank you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2010 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MOTOROLA-VERIZON-WIRELESS/Internet-Washington-98009/MOTOROLA-VERIZON-WIRELESS-verizon-blames-motorola-for-defective-product-my-contract-is-599508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MOTOROLA - VERIZON WIRELESS