Complaint Review: MOVIELAND.COM

MOVIELAND.COM
MOVIELAND.COM Internet U.S.A.

MOVIELAND.COM ripoff Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: I Had the Exact Same Thing!!1

Movieland.Com popped up on my screen about 3 weeks ago, and said my trial period was over and I had to pay for a license of some sort $19.95 or $99.00 per year. I had no idea what was going on and I imagine that since there are multiple users in my home, perhaps someone did download movieland, but if they did, it was a minor.

My objection to this company is that there is no way that
I know of to keep this message from popping on the screen, continually, and slowing down your computer until it almost stops. They say that once you pay, they will stop the messsages.

I feel like this is definitely harassment. They also say that even if you delete or uninstall their program, it will not help, they can still continue to pop their messages on your screen. If this was a 3 day trail, as they say, why didn't they notify you that your trial was over.

Harassment, Harassment, Harassment! That is what it is!!

Gloria
WAKE VILLAGE, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2005 12:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MOVIELANDCOM/internet/MOVIELANDCOM-ripoff-Internet-169061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MOVIELAND.COM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I Had the Exact Same Thing!!1

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Your problem and mine are identical. No variations. I chose the "remove software" button. It STILL would not go away. What I finally had to do, was to go into "regedit" of my computer, find the culprit and delete it from the roots of my system...a touchy procedure at best. But Movieland's cute, blonde, never came back