Complaint Review: MOVING AHEAD

• Reported By: Kumoi — Great Barrington Massachusetts United States of America
MOVING AHEAD
101 Fifth Avenue Internet United States of America

MOVING AHEAD Avoid this company if you value your items Internet

I contracted to have this company move my furniture and office items. Unbeknown to me, they did not wrap or protect key items that became damaged. A very expensive conference table was dragged on its side, causing the smooth edge to be chipped away in numerous areas--effectively ruining the table. They also failed to protect wood bookcases that ended up with their facings torn off.

When contacted for how to put in a claim, the company delayed responding for months and then after I pestered them on the telephone, they finally sent me a claim form. When I filled it out, they sent it back with a demand for a Notary Public stamp. I did this and then they claimed I was making it up--despite the fact that I sent them pictures of the damaged items. Then they said that I had never filed a claim. Then they said that I was only covered for thirty cents on the pound because I did not take their special extra insurance. They estimated the weight as less than 1000 pounds and offered me $300 to settle. I told them I did to want money, I just wanted replacement of the damaged items with like items. Then they went silent again.

The bottom line is that Moving Ahread may move goods, but they do not move them well. They do not move them carefully. And they most certainly do not make good on their mistakes. BE WARNED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MOVING-AHEAD/internet/MOVING-AHEAD-Avoid-this-company-if-you-value-your-items-Internet-914860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MOVING AHEAD