Complaint Review: MPS - Merchant Payment Solutions

• Submitted: Wed, March 26, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, July 22, 2006

• Reported By:Alcoa Tennessee
MPS - Merchant Payment Solutions
1214 1st Ave, Suite 500 Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

MPS Merchant Payment Solutions Big Time Mini ATM Business SCAM! Columbus Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Most ATM Business Opportunities or Franchises...

I should not give my opinion of MPS, it is far to foul and they are not even worth the words it would take.

I was dealing with a customer service rep (and I use the term loosely, because service was the LAST thing on her mind) whose name escapes me at present, but I do know that they must work on a big commission.

This woman lied to me time and time again! About the products, about the company, about contractual information, the list goes on. I thought this was my first major business move to try to better my future. It turned out to be the biggest life lesson I have ever had to learn, and it's not even over yet!

Okay, so I was young and a bit nave, I admit it, and I ended up going ahead and paying them about $2000 (borrowed money) up front with the money for the other machine "financed".

Thank God I only bought the minimum of two machines!! I was told that I had to pay up front for the first machine before I could sign a contract for a second one, kinda weird, but I was eager!

Besides, I could always return them for a full refund if I was ever dissatisfied or if they didn't work...or so I was told...

I then received the two machines, and that was the last I heard from MPS for quite some time. Sure I would stay on hold for customer service for help, quite frequently, in fact. One day, I held over 2 hours, still no answer.

I finally managed to get through one day, and asked about a few questions, all of which were avoided, so I asked if I could just return the machines and just get the full refund as promised... guess what? NO CAN DO! "That is not part of your contract.

You must do with them as you see fit, but we do NOT, under any circumstances take the machines back. You must pay in full regardless of how they perform or if they make you any money."

Even if they arrive BROKEN the company is not at fault and won't refund or exchange, I was told. Nice to hear, isn't it? So then they told us they would give our name to locators in our area to help us out.

The machines were placed in GA, and we are in TN, not too far away. Good thing too, because there were constant problems.

We ended up paying one locator well over $600 (past her locator fee, that was just for her to keep up with fixing problems so we didn't have to drive several hours to GA every week or so).

She has since dropped the locator business for this company, she couldn't handle any more complaints from unsatisfied customers about MPS products and she was getting a bad rep in her area because of them.

We tried to work with MPS (for months we tried!!)to resolve these problems, but they offered little to no help, after all, they got what they wanted - MONEY.

They finally just put us on hold when we called until we got tired and hung up, wouldn't even acknowledge they received our letters, and on and on.

Since then, I have sent letter after letter, tried to email-always returned, tried to call-the phone rings and rings and rings, even their website is gone! I feel helpless and abused, in a big way.

Today, out of sheer desperation, I finally put a stop payment on the debit at my bank in hopes that the company would contact ME, since I can't contact THEM! I don't think we even owe them any more money, yet still they debit from our account every month.

I must say, I truly do regret the day I heard of this company. So far it has been the most miserable experience of my life! I borrowed the initial money, which I still cannot afford to pay back, (I assured the person I borrowed from, as I had been ASSURED, that if anything happed I would get the money refunded right away!), now, instead of being able to pay back my debt, all I have is this overwhelming feeling of letting this person down every time I think of MPS.

I can only hope that my experience helps someone else avoids this company at all costs. I know that my money is gone, but I can try to save what little I have left.
These are not nearly ALL of the problems I experienced with MPS, but it's a good start. I just hope this misery will eventually end, and soon!!

Vanessa
Alcoa, Tennessee

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Merchant Payment Solutions

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2003 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MPS-Merchant-Payment-Solutions/Columbus-Georgia-31901/MPS-Merchant-Payment-Solutions-Big-Time-Mini-ATM-Business-SCAM-Columbus-Georgia-50619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MPS - Merchant Payment Solutions

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Most ATM Business Opportunities or Franchises...

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

I looked at your rippoffreports and it is sad. I happen to know a lot about the ATM business regarding alleged business opportunites and franchises.

Most of these companies like, atmbusiness.com, MPS, Fidelity ATM, ATM Source, The ATM Franchise Business are happy to take your up front money. They are not in the business of residual income but up front fees. For the $30k min. investment (in most cases) to the much larger investments you could have 5 to 20 times what they are providing you. Most think they have some proven system that is flawless or effortless but that is never the case. You could lease and have 10 machines placed and installed for less than $10k!!!

LMK your answers and will advise furthur...

Ask these questions and get it in writing:

1. What percent of your investors/distributors/franchisees recover their entire investment within 12 operational months?
2. How many packages have you sold to date?
3. What percent of those packages recovery their investment within one year, two years, three years?

will provide more later but there are actions to be taken against these companies. YOU are not the only victims. There is only power in numbers when dealing with the FTC but there are other avenues and this is one.