Complaint Review: MQube - Alltel Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, January 19, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, January 03, 2007

• Reported By:bauxite Arkansas
MQube - Alltel Wireless
311 Arsenal St. Watertown, Massachusetts U.S.A.

M Qube - Alltel Wireless ripoff charges services, have them or not Watertown, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: MQube got me

*UPDATE Employee: Not partners with the carrier.

*Consumer Suggestion: have been researching

M-Qube got ahold of my cell #. They have charged me for 3 or 4 months now for services I don't have. Contacted both companies, they both send me to the other. I get charged for mobilemessager chat - 27.54 a month. NOTHING IS BEING DONE. BECAREFUL!!

Traci
bauxite, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2006 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MQube-Alltel-Wireless/Watertown-Massachusetts-02472/M-Qube-Alltel-Wireless-ripoff-charges-services-have-them-or-not-Watertown-Massachuse-172388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MQube - Alltel Wireless

MQube got me

AUTHOR: Darrel - (U.S.A.)

I did not download anything.

Out of the blue, text messages started arriving on my phone early in December. These messages were unsolicited. I never download, or browse from my cell phone. I use it as a phone only. Only 2 people have my cell phone number that I have owned for 2 years.

Imagine my surprise when my cell phone bill arrives showing $5.99 to $9.99 for each of these messages.

How did they get my number and who on Earth gives these people the right to send unsolicited text messages to cell customers and charge them outragious fees for such lame content.

The first unsolicted text message said "Your future mates name is ...." and that's $5.99????

What a scam. I got a credit from my cell provider and I cancelled all text messaging service so this won't happen again.

Not partners with the carrier.

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

M-Qube and sites like this have caused a lot of problems for wireless companies. These companies generally show up because someone downloaded a ringtone from the internet or through a text message (like you see on TV.)

This information from M-Qube's website should help:

Who is m-Qube, I never signed up for anything with m-Qube?
m-Qube is a company that helps mobile content providers distribute and bill for their products through wireless carriers. Simply put, when you visit certain siteson the web or on your handsetand purchase a ringtone, a ringtone subscription or other mobile content, some of those sites use m-Qube's services to link their site with your wireless carrier so that your purchase shows up on your mobile bill. In many cases you will not see the name of the content provider you signed up with on your wireless carrier's bill. They often just put m-Qube. In all cases, the mobile content vendor is responsible for answering any questions regarding billing and they are the quickest way to resolve any concerns.

Why does m-Qube show up on my Wireless bill?
This is because the billing systems of some wireless carriers are not able to accept the merchant name from the m-Qube platform and display it on your billinstead, they simply display our name. If this is the case, we can help you!

How do I stop the messages and billing?
From your phone simply send the word STOP or END or QUIT as a reply to any of the messages being sent to you or CLICK HERE and simply enter the phone number being billed and your email address so we can let you know what is happening. We'll make sure the messages stop within 2 to 3 business days.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

have been researching

AUTHOR: Traci - (U.S.A.)

I have found out that M-qube and Alltel are partners. It is Alltel's fault, they continue to let the charges go on, they tell you "it's not our fault". You have to email M-Qube give phone #,email address. You then receive a email " will respond to in 2-3 business days. "IT IS YOUR PHONE CARRIER! Please help if another answer.