Complaint Review: MRA Video

• Submitted: Thu, March 07, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2002

• Reported By:Rootstown Ohio
MRA Video
P.O. Box 150 Hollywood, California U.S.A.

Buyer Beware Girls Gone Wild/MRA Video ripoff!

I was relieved to find others having the same problem with MRA videothe producers of the Girls Gone Wild series. I ordered two DVDs and then they began sending me a new DVD every month, charged to my credit card.

Each month I returned the DVD (paying the additional shipping) and asked for a refund and that no further DVDs be sent. Both requests were ignored, I wasn't refunded and MRA kept sending them. Finally after three frustrating months, I canceled my credit card to stop the shipments.

I went to the MRA site to see about getting a refund, but my e-mails all received an automated response saying I would be refunded in about a month. I then tried calling their customer service number (not an 800 number, so I had to pay for the call) and after twenty minutes on hold I gave up.

It's been over a year and I still haven't been refunded. MRA would probably claim they couldn't refund me because I canceled my credit card, but how else could I stop their incessant shipping? Besides, they obviously have my address, couldn't they send a check?

On the recommendation of another complaint on this site about MRA, I filled a complaint with the USPS for mail fraud. I hope mine won't be the last and anyone else who has been taken by this company will complain and get them brought to justice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MRA-Video/Hollywood-California-90078/Buyer-Beware-Girls-Gone-WildMRA-Video-ripoffFOX-6-investigative-reporter-John-Mattes-fir-16139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MRA Video