gesture

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2002

• Reported By:
MRA Video
PO Box 150 Hollywood, California U.S.A.

MRA Video, "Girls Gone Wild" Video Scam

I saw the Girls Gone Wild video advertised on TV and thought it would make a perfect gag gift for a friend's birthday gift. I placed the order, used a check/debit card, specifically told them I did not want their monthly videos automatically sent to me. I received the video and it was a BIG hit at the party! To my surprise, I received another video a month later. I returned it to sender. I checked my statement and I had been charged $25.50, which had caused a check to bounce. So, here I am with paying $25.50 for a video I returned, $20 for a bounced check and the electric company telling me they want their $32 that I wore the check for (which bounced). I wrote a letter to MRA and told them that I sent back their video, to refund my money. Well, this was answered by sending another video (which I returned)and another $25.50 charge to my account in which now two more checks bounced! So, now the total is $52 MRA has stolen from me plus $60 in bounced check fees and 3 companies angry with me for writing checks that bounce. I do not not what to do about this. I have written a second letter that has not received a response. Now I must keep an extra $30 in the bank at all times to keep things from bouncing and I doubt I will get any of this money back-ever. This company has had me in tears because I live check to check as it is and I cannot afford this. Please write and report this company and MAKE IT STOP!

Beckie
Click here to see all the other victims of Girls gone wild GGW / MRA Video

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MRA-Video/Hollywood-California-90078/MRA-Video-Girls-Gone-Wild-Video-ScamFOX-6-investigative-reporter-John-Mattes-first-brok-12875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MRA Video