Complaint Review: MRO Chemicals

• Updated: Fri, April 23, 2010

• Reported By: Andrew — San Antonio Texas United States of America
MRO Chemicals
P.O. Box 11056 Hauppauge, New York United States of America

MRO Chemicals mrochem.com, M.R.O. Chem, Maintenence Repair Operations Chemicals, Best Supply Company, Total Solutions Banish Sells Defective "Banish" Weed Killing Product and Refuses Refund ,or returned phone call. Hauppauge, New York

Steve Salas with Best Supply Co (aka mrochem.com) sold me a case of their "Banish" weed killer, which their website stated would kill unwanted weeds/grass.  When I received the case of product (4 one-gallon bottles), I followed the application instructions to the letter, and saw no results whatsoever.  The grass/weeks didn't turn brown and die.  In fact, the product more-or-less acted as a fertilizer and the grass/weeds continued to grow.  I spoke with Steve Salas numerous times and have gotten the complete run-around.  First he stated he would call back after my initial complaint (as he had to check the "batch" to make sure it was effective). He didn't call back.  I had to call him again and he stated that the "batch" must have been good, as Best Supply and MROChem.com hadn't received any other complaints.  He then stated that he'd check with his "chemists" and call back. [continued below]....

.....  No call back again.  Again I got Steve Salas on the phone and he stated that I must have applied the Banish product improperly.  I followed the instructions completely.  He then offered to send a case of replacement product. The replacement case of product never was sent.  Tried calling him back a few more times, with no answer, although messages were left.  Finally, I ended up sending Best Supply Co. a certified letter on April 2, 2010, which Steve Salas signed for himself.  No response.  I called him and he stated that he received the certified letter, and that he can offer no refund or replacement product, as his approval approval authority was out of town, but he assured a phone call back to me on April 22, 2010.  No phone call again.  I left a final message for Steve Salas, indicating I would be posting this online, as well as filing suit in Suffolk County, NY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2010 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MRO-Chemicals/Hauppauge-New-York-11788/MRO-Chemicals-mrochemcom-MRO-Chem-Maintenence-Repair-Operations-Chemicals-Best-Supp-595957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MRO Chemicals