Complaint Review: MSI Magic Homes Investments

• Submitted: Sat, December 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 08, 2012

• Reported By: Ms.I want my money — Missouri City Texas United States of America
MSI Magic Homes Investments
3424 FM 1092 Suite 250 Missouri City, Texas United States of America

MSI Magic Homes Investments Michael Silberstein REFUSES TO RETURN MY SECURITY DEPOSIT Missouri City, Texas

In 2010, I signed a lease agreement with Michael Silverstein, to lease a home of his. Approximately 8 months into the contract, the home was in foreclosure. By the time my lease was up, the home had been sold to someone else and I had to figure out my next move. I contacted Michael to see if he had another home available for lease. I was told by him on 09/20/11 that a home was available and my previous deposit of $800 would be transferred to the new property. I moved in at the new location 10/01/12, and before sigining my new lease I had to give an additional $100 deposit. This was due to the rent being $900 and the deposit is equal to the rent. By January 2012, this home was in the foreclosure process. I was told by Michael and his assistant that once my lease expired my deposit would be returned to me. I started contacting him about my deposit in November, with no response. I finally got in touch with him last week, only to be told that I would have to sue him. He stated that he simply didn't have the money. I can sue him or transfer the deposit once again to another property.
 Considering that he NEVER had a problem with my payments, I was more than shocked by his response. It is one thing to be irresponsible with your own money and assets, but something totally different when you play with others.

I warn those seeking to lease property from this con-man! He does not have a heart and will take your money and run. I am true believer that God sees everything, and will handle this situation. However, I will be suing him over a deposit. And the funny thing is, it's not about the money. It is how I was treated like I didn't matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MSI-Magic-Homes-Investments/Missouri-City-Texas-77459/MSI-Magic-Homes-Investments-Michael-Silberstein-REFUSES-TO-RETURN-MY-SECURITY-DEPOSIT-Miss-979446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MSI Magic Homes Investments