Complaint Review: MSN

• Updated: Sat, July 19, 2003

• Reported By:las vegas Nevada
MSN
www.msn.com Internet U.S.A.

MSN "lets" fraud paypal and Ebay reports come through in email fraud emails are made by evil spammers out to get our passwords and bank account numbers with help from ripoff MSN Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: You Were Sending SPAM

My husband and I signed on to MSN for years due to a really slimy contract/deal through Best-Buy! People, don't fall for this! The Best-Buy discount isn't worth it. Not only do they have the WORST internet service out there (faulty connection dail-on numbers, slowww service when you do log-on, terrible search engine) BUT...they also ALLOW obviously fraudulent Ebay and Paypal emails come through without a question.

Now here is the kicker! I belong to a crafter web site and I emailed other people in the site. In the email I offer web site help for the U-M-I and I give my name, email address, and PHONE NUMBER.

i sent out about 30 emails total. Well, I just received a ABUSE REPORT from MSN. Abuse? Me sending email that offers web site help- that has NO hidden agenda- that gives ALL of my info.

I am disgusted. I guess it is easy to pic on a "little person" rather than go after the big guys who are actually ripping people off.

wonder how they would answer this. I bet some really slick answer. All I can say is that when this contract is up- my husband and I are RUNNING AWAY, far, far away from MSN- never to return...

Thanks for reading,

Lisa
las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2003 02:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MSN/internet/MSN-lets-fraud-paypal-and-Ebay-reports-come-through-in-email-fraud-emails-are-made-by-ev-64101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MSN

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You Were Sending SPAM

AUTHOR: RJ - (U.S.A.)

"In the email I offer web site help for the U-M-I and I give my name, email address, and PHONE NUMBER."

You were not sending personal e-mail. Instead, you were engaging in advertising a service via Hotmail.

From what I've read, it APPEARS that there are rules covering that specific Hotmail usage. In effect, what YOU sent to others was SPAM. (Unsolicited advertising!)

"These fraud emails are made by evil spammers out to get our passwords and bank account numbers. I have emailed MSN numerous times about these dangerous emails- and still I get them."

So? What IS your point? You and millions of others get those SPAM e-mails. So far, it has proven IMPOSSIBLE to stop all SPAM. No matter what carrier you are with, YOU WILL RECEIVE SPAM. And if you think that MSN and other carriers aren't trying, you obviously know little or nothing about the internet and the many problems associated with it.

intervals