• Report: #204189

• Submitted: Wed, August 02, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 05, 2008

• Reported By:hagerstown Maryland
M&T Bank
MandTbank.com Hagerstown, Maryland U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

M&T Bank ripoff Hagerstown Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Same problems

M&T Bank fees and charges they dont tell you about. Hagerstown Maryland.

You sign up for totally free checking and what you get is a $5.95 fee each month for using them. Plus the employees lie about how things work just so the bank can make some money off of you. I recently deposited money in my account and there was a mix up with a check i wrote. I called the bank and asked what i could do to make my account right the teller told me to bring cash in and deposit it. So i did, she then explained my account wont get hit with any fees. So i checked the account via the website and low and behold there were not one not two but three $32.00 insufficent funds fees.

After i was told the deposit would be in before my check would come out. To date this has happened to the tune of 8 times with them making over $400.00 off of me. Remember when looking for a bank do your research. Check around. This bank has screwed us on so many occasions its not funny. Not only those fees but the monthly fee that wasnt suppose to be there. They say it cant be fixed. I figured it was time for a new bank.

Jeani
Hagerstown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2006 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MT-Bank/Hagerstown-Maryland-21740/MT-Bank-ripoff-Hagerstown-Maryland-204189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M&T Bank

Same problems

AUTHOR: Drivel92787 - (U.S.A.)

Jeani,

If you haven't closed your account out do it NOW! Get your money out of there and go to another bank! I had HUGE issues where the bank stole around $500 - 700 from my account that was supposed to pay a AMEX credit card and another check. Money was deducted from account. Once payments cleared the bank "which the bank said everything had cleared." I closed the account now credit card company is saying that I didn't pay and the other place I wrote the check too is saying the same thing. Now I have to come up with that money on top of the money they took. I warn you go to Centra Bank or somewhere else. CLOSE Your account!