Complaint Review: MTS Circulation llc

• Reported By: Ginny — Charleston Illinois United States of America
MTS Circulation llc
PO Box 83194 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

MTS Circulation llc Close call with door to door saleswoman Phoenix, Arizona

A young woman came to my house asking me to buy books that the company (MTS Circulation) she represents will then donate to autistic children. After picking four books she showed me the receipt for $260. I then selected only one for $65. But she said that if I picked another book it would be only $115 and she would still get her 200 points.  I was leery but wrote her a check anyway.

Being nervous, I looked up information about the company online and, after reading the very helpful reports on the scamming, I immediately went to the bank and stopped the check. I also changed the account number on my checking account so she couldn't do anything with those numbers.

Today I checked my voicemail and received a quick message from someone (gee, I guess who?) calling me a crackhead ______ ______ (don't know if the two other words would be printable).

I am thankful to ripoffreport.com for reporting scams that have happened to others.

Hopefully, by reading this website someone else will be able to help themselves from being scammed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MTS-Circulation-llc/Phoenix-Arizona-85071/MTS-Circulation-llc-Close-call-with-door-to-door-saleswoman-Phoenix-Arizona-893400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MTS Circulation llc