Complaint Review: MUtual Of Omaha Life Insurance Company

• Updated: Tue, April 05, 2011

• Reported By: Lady — Los Angeles California United States of America
MUtual Of Omaha Life Insurance Company
Mutual of Omaha Plaza Omaha, Nebraska 68175 Internet United States of America

MUtual Of Omaha Life Insurance Company LIES, CLEVER, DECEPTIVE, GREEDY, LESS THAN HONORABLE AND NASTY , Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: file compliant with nebraska attorney general

*Consumer Comment: this also happened to me

I changed banks and forgot to notify Mutual of Omaha in April, 2010, as payment was electronically withdrawn monthly. I am 72 years old and forgot.  Today, 06/07/2010, I'm just now receiving a letter via mail that they have not received payments. I called today, 06/07/2010, and Mutual of Omaha is stating they sent letters to notify me of no payment.  THEY DID NOT.  Now, their request for my measly $5,000 whole life policy is an extra $78.00 plus my signature to access health record information and THEY WILL DECIDE WHETHER TO RE-INSTATE MY POLICY THAT I HAVE BEEN PAYING $26.00 PER MONTH ON SINCE 2006 WITHOUT FAIL.

Please investigate the span of time of notification to me from Mutual of Omaha - that just like the letter I received from Mutual of Omaha TODAY, I assure you that I would have received a non-payment notification from them before IF THEY HAD OF SENT IT.  THEY DID NOT.

They want a total of $156.00.  Also, if I do not sign to give them permission to access my health records, I am upfront automatically not re-instated.

I am healthy.  I have nothing to hide.  I believe they're creating avenues to find reasons to not reinstate NO MATTER WHAT.  I also do not agree with this extra money they demand.  I have been paying them $26.00 every month without fail since 2006 SO THEY GET TO KEEP ALL THIS MONEY I HAVE SENT THEM?  THEY ARE OPPORTUNISTIC IN THAT THEY HAVE A HOLE HERE OR A CHANCE HERE TO GET FREE MONEY.  HOW MANY OTHERS HAVE AND ARE THEY DOING THIS TO AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

THEY ARE LESS THAN HONORABLE.  THEY'RE ALSO LYING ABOUT SENDING LETTERS BEFORE TODAY FROM THE DATE OF NO PAYMENT.  IF THEY HAD SENT THE NOTIFICATIONS THEY SAY THEY HAVE SENT, I WOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY PAID THEM AS I ALWAYS HAVE DONE.

WHAT THEY ARE DOING SHOULD BE ILLEGAL - AGAINST THE LAW.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2010 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MUtual-Of-Omaha-Life-Insurance-Company/internet/MUtual-Of-Omaha-Life-Insurance-Company-LIES-CLEVER-DECEPTIVE-GREEDY-LESS-THAN-HONORAB-611324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MUtual Of Omaha Life Insurance Company

#1 Consumer Suggestion

file compliant with nebraska attorney general

AUTHOR: Nudist - (U.S.A.)

I am 68 years old liveing in ark there iare a law an you can file a compliant with the nebraska attorney generals off consuner proection division@2115 state capitol po box 98920 lincoln ne 68509 ph 402-471-2682 toll free-800-727-6432 fax402-417-0006 their web page is www.ago.ne.gov you can also file a on line compliant I live In a small town in ark 8 miles from mo state line my wife had to go to th emergency one night humana paid all of it month later we got a letter from from a local collection agencey saying we owed $550 which humanna paid the crooks was trying make us pay twice I contace the ark attorney generals office he stopped that quick.there is a hand book consumers action hand that you can get from the federal govermnt free you can order up to five with no shipping web page is www.consumeraction.gov if you file with the ne attorney general keep all your paper work an emails  if any reads this hope this will help every one should this book.thanks ray corning ark

this also happened to me

AUTHOR: Arlene - (United States of America)

The almost exact same thing happened to me except i sent out a check on the 1st as I always do and they said it did not arrive till the 17th, this just happened to me, I would like to know what the other lady did? I have been paying on this for years and now I'm 77 and have breast cancer.