Complaint Review: MVI Marketing Division

• Submitted: Sat, August 02, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, August 16, 2003

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
MVI Marketing Division
410 Ware Blvd. 10th Floor Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

MVI Marketing ripoff We received a three day two night stay in Orlando Florida with free airfare They required us to send in $100 as a deposit on the airfare so we sent it ripoff deception Tampa Florida *UPDATE ..Mini Vacations contacts Rip-off Report to give a full Refund or replacement certificates to any unsatisfied customer.. even when it's not their responsibility

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please Call Our Toll-Free Customer Service Line

We received a free three day two night stay in Orando Florida for purchasing a vacation package with Shell Vacation. The package is to include free airfare that would be guaranteed if we sent in a $100 deposit. We mailed it on 11/16/02 and I kept the stubs for proof.

When we decided to schedule the vacation and we had some questions, we noticed that there was no phone number on the information and no fax number and no e-mail address so that we could contact them. I had to call information to the phone number and all I got was a recording that informed me that they have no customer service department and to go to a website called www.mailmethkit.com, so I did and all I got was an application for the same information that I already had.

When I went on line to check if I could find another web site for them I noticed that there have been a lot of unhappy people that have been ripped off too. I did sent an e-mail to the company about this problem, but I haven't heard back yet. Please let me know what can be done about this situation. My husband just returned from a four month tour in Afghanistan with the Army and I was going to do this for his 55th birthday on Oct.16th.

I was very unhappy when I felt I might not be able to give this gift to him. Thank You

John and terry
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2003 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MVI-Marketing-Division/Tampa-Florida-33619/MVI-Marketing-ripoff-We-received-a-three-day-two-night-stay-in-Orlando-Florida-with-free-a-65151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MVI Marketing Division

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please Call Our Toll-Free Customer Service Line

AUTHOR: Mike Burke - (U.S.A.)

John and Terry,

Mini Vacations certainly does have a customer department department. Unfortunately, you had obtained the phone number and website address for our automated registration program. This would explain why you could not reach a customer service representative.

We will be glad to assist you, but we need more information about you to access your record in our reservation database. You are requesting information about your vacation booking, but the only information in your complaint is John and Terry from Chicago. Obviously, we will need more information than that to find your record and contact you.

Please call our VIP Customer Service Department at (800) 566-8281. A representative will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.