Complaint Review: MVI Marketing/ Mini Vacations INC.

• Submitted: Mon, May 01, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, May 04, 2006

• Reported By:Dublin California
MVI Marketing/ Mini Vacations INC.
3504 Cragmont Drive 2nd Floor Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

MVI Marketing/ Mini Vacations INC. Ripoff scamers who bate and switch Tampa Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: wrong info, Mr. Burke is NOT the owner of any new business

We got a so called free vaction cruise to Mexico. After all the forms were filled out we got refered to MVI who said there were none available during the time frame we wanted, but we could upgrade to a price I could beat on line. We were told the new bookings were coming out 9-1-05 so we waited, We called at 9:00AM ET and got right through. There was a room available for our end of Febuary 06. We sent in $534.26 for Port tax and booking fees. In October we reseived a leter dated 10-10-05 stating due volatile conditions in the Gulf, our cruize was cancelled. We were given 4 options. I called in for an explaination and was very confused why Gulf storms would affect ships leaving from Long Beach, Ca. Never got a good reason! Requested a full refund and option 1 for a trip to Tahoe and $100 worth of gas. All I wanted was my money back. 1-4-06 I called back because no money or option selection was sent. I received my option choice that week, but no refund. I did find out there were only 2 rooms available on the original cruise and they don't really work out of California. My money was supposed to be refunded by end of month. Called 2-1-06 and refund was processed 1-27-06. 5-1-06 and no refund. 1 800 566-8281 disconnected, (813) 621-1777, 630-1841, and 621-1400 have always been busy. I understand the owner of MVI has a new company and MVI is out of business now. I want my money back and if I can't get it, I would love to work with anyone to put him out of business for good through the court system.

Paul
Dublin, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2006 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MVI-Marketing-Mini-Vacations-INC/Tampa-Florida-33619/MVI-Marketing-Mini-Vacations-INC-Ripoff-scamers-who-bate-and-switch-Tampa-Florida-189498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MVI Marketing/ Mini Vacations INC.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

wrong info, Mr. Burke is NOT the owner of any new business

AUTHOR: Jenny - (U.S.A.)

MVI is out of business and has been since early Feb....but Mr. Burke is NOT the owner of any new business