Complaint Review: MVI Marketing /Mini Vacations

• Submitted: Wed, February 22, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2006

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
MVI Marketing /Mini Vacations
410 Ware Blvd., 9th Floor Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 813-630 1841
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

MVI Marketing, Mini Vacations Inc. 41 ripoff Caribbean cruise Tampa Florida

I sent a check for $158 for a 2 night Caribbean cruise with Mini Vacations on September 1st 2005. In response to my request I received a letter dated October 10th, 2005 stating the following: "...unfortunately due to the current volatile situation with cruise lines removing ships from their fleets and re-accommodating passengers on different ships due to the hurricanes, we are unable to fulfill your date requested." The letter went on to list my options for reimbursement. I promply returned my request for reimbursement and have not had any response (it has been about 4 months).

Recently, I have tried to contact them by phone and have had no success. Unfortunately, that is when I found information about Mini Vactions on this site. Even though I am not losing as much money as others have, it is still a pretty significant peice of my budget and it is an all around aweful thing to pull on so many people. I have everything documented (including a copy of my check to Mini Vacations), but it looks as though nothing is going to come of this. I guess as consumers all we can do is spread the word.

Nichole
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2006 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MVI-Marketing-Mini-Vacations/Tampa-Florida-33619/MVI-Marketing-Mini-Vacations-Inc-41-ripoff-Caribbean-cruise-Tampa-Florida-177550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MVI Marketing /Mini Vacations