Complaint Review: MVI - Mini Vacations

• Submitted: Tue, February 21, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 21, 2006

• Reported By:Pearland Texas
MVI - Mini Vacations
410 Ware Blvd Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 813-630-1841
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

MVI Mini VacationsMVI, Mini Vacations ripoff, NO REFUND as promised, liars Tampa Florida

In September 2005 I booked a vacation using MVI. I was instructed to chose a date in the off-peak cruise season. Nov-March. I chose a date in Feb. I paid half of the trip already, $650. I was told that I would be getting something in the mail, like a statement that would allow me to send in the remaining balance of the "free cruise," (that I received when I bought a new car from David Mc David dealership, in Houston TX. I never received this statement.

I followed up with a weekly phone calls to my travel agent, Jane, I often left messages. I finally, was told that due to the huricane all vacations would be re-routed out of of Houston Port... and paperwork is behind schedule. I still did not receive paperwork in January, and had to cancel my cruise. I was promised on the phone that I would get a full refund. I sent in a confirmation notice to the e-mail address given over the phone because I have not received any paperwork or tickets for this cruise. I have yet to get this refund.

Now, I have no cruise and no refund. I can not get a hold of Mini vacations either, I have been getting a busy signal for over two weeks-- the date of my cruise is this weekend. Recently, after searching for MVI on the internet I saw an out of business notice. I don't know how I will get my money back now!

Pearland, Texas

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on MVI Marketing Mini Vacations

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2006 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MVI-Mini-Vacations/Tampa-Florida-33619/MVI-Mini-VacationsMVI-Mini-Vacations-ripoff-NO-REFUND-as-promised-liars-Tampa-Florida-177308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MVI - Mini Vacations