Complaint Review: MVI Minivacations

• Submitted: Thu, June 19, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, July 27, 2003

• Reported By:sugarland Texas
MVI Minivacations
410 Ware Boulevard Sarasota, Florida U.S.A.

MVI Mini vacations ripoff, dishonest, unfair business practices deceptive company Sarasota Florida *UPDATE ..Mini Vacations contacts Rip-off Report to give a full Refund or replacement certificates to any unsatisfied customer..

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Who are you? ..glad to assist you, but we need more information about you

I was promised a trip to Las Vegas, if I attended the seminar in Houston on a Sunday afternoon, I along with my wife did attend. It was very time consuming, but like others, I said fine because of the incentive of the vacation. I was given a voucher for the free trip, The nightmare started there after.

My wife sent them the $100.00 good faith deposit, they sent it back claiming that it was not sent in the form of two seperate money orders, so we made two money orders and sent everything back.

9 months later I called them, (after spending hours on the internet trying to find them and their phone numbers!) and called to ask how to take my vacation, the lady (who was very rude) said that my certificate expires in July and that they are booked up until November, so I can not go , so all she can do is send me my money back ($100.00).

This is a REAL scam , I feel cheated, and I would advise anyone now that I come into contact with about this type of advertising! It is not magic that every consumer out there has a bad taste about Sun Country and Minivacations. Obviously they have unfair business habits which put them in this position!

Khaled
Sugarland, Texas

NOTE: Rip-off Report launched a complete investigation on this particular situation and found that Mini Vacations had no control over promises another company makes when marketing their vacation coupons. Even though Mini Vacations is not responsible for another company's actions, they have been giving FULL refunds to anyone who has contacted them, and has even given more than they should have in the name of good customer service
Pease read the link below

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2003 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MVI-Minivacations/Sarasota-Florida-34232/MVI-Mini-vacations-ripoff-dishonest-unfair-business-practices-deceptive-company-Sarasota-61185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MVI Minivacations

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Who are you? ..glad to assist you, but we need more information about you

AUTHOR: Mike Burke - (U.S.A.)

Khaled,

Mini Vacations will be glad to assist you, but we need more information about you to access your record in our reservation database. If you are due a refund of a vacation deposit from our company, we will send it out to you immediately.

Please call our VIP Customer Service Department at (800) 566-8281.

Thank you.