Complaint Review: MVI Vacations

• Submitted: Sat, February 18, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 18, 2006

• Reported By:Petaluma California
MVI Vacations
401 Cattleman Road Suite 200 Sarasota, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 941-552-5000
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Mini Vacations Failed to book my cruise and ripped off my money, refund check bounced Sarasota Florida

My local credit union gave me a certificate for a "free" cruise in July of 2005. I booked a cruise through MVI and paid for the cruise taxes and room upgrades in the amount of $597.00. I also paid for airfare. I got nervous when I received no itinerary from the cruise company and called minivacations several times and was assured all was fine and I would receive my booking items a month before the ship sailed. My cruise was to be Jan. 23 of 2006. In December of 2005, I called them and could not reach anyone. I called Carnival Cruises and they didn't have any record of anyone with my name being booked on a cruise. I then suspected fraud and called my credit union. I finally got through to mini-vacations and was told that all was fine with my cruise and I would be receiving a packet in the mail. This was followed up by a call several days later from mini-vacations apologizing because someone had failed to book my cruise. They promised a refund of my taxes and room upgrades and my airfare. My credit union got involved and assured me all was on the up and up. I am still waiting for my refund on the cruise booking. Minivacation sent me a check to re-imburse me for my airfare. I was stunned. Guess what? It bounced and I'm out another $5!

I'll be talking to my credit union again on Monday. I NEVER would have taken a certificate like this had my credit union not be on such stellar quality. I assumed they'd only do business with honest companies.

I hope someone can be held responsible for this fiasco.

Petaluma, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2006 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MVI-Vacations/Sarasota-Florida-34232/Mini-Vacations-Failed-to-book-my-cruise-and-ripped-off-my-money-refund-check-bounced-Sara-176951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MVI Vacations