Complaint Review: MVQ Shop essentials plus

• Updated: Fri, November 27, 2009

• Reported By: Jonlife — New York United States of America
MVQ Shop essentials plus

MVQ Shop essentials plus Shopping Essentials Vita cost, Internet

Yeah, these guys are filth.  I just finished reading on another site about a site called restaurant.com where the guy had signed up with them and they sold his info to shopessentials who started to bill him etc.  He was furious.

The way they got to me was from Vitacost.com (who I will never use again).  I'm assuming they sold my info to Shopessentials or shop essentials hacked into their system because I'd never heard of Shopessentials Until I saw on my bank statement that they'd charged me $22.95 for this month.  For What?  I was never a member.

I called their number 877-442-5774 (they are based out of CT apparently) and this women Lakeesha, off the bat, was asking me for my email address or membership number.  When I gave just gave her my name she pulled up my info (which was out dated) and then proceeded that they would cancel me from their member service, Which I had never been a part of in the first place...then she tried to get off the phone as quick as possible to which I kept interjecting, and could tell that she was pretty nervous in trying to answer my questions.  I asked her why I had been billed $22.95 and she said that they didn't have that information right now.  LOL.

On the phone with my bank, they told me that Shop essentials has been charging my card $22.95 since this past June.  Shame on you shop essentials.  You will be found out, and persecuted ;-)

This is sad.  People are selling my internet related info to other companies for a quick buck and this is what it's coming to, having ones bank account messed with, trying to sneak out $10.00 or $20.00 bucks here and there to where no one will notice?????????????

And it only hurts the small business owner because soon people won't want to do business with a "no name" for fear that they will have their internet info sold to a sid companies who will then try to pull these sorts of schemes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2009 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MVQ-Shop-essentials-plus/internet/MVQ-Shop-essentials-plus-Shopping-Essentials-Vita-cost-Internet-529784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MVQ Shop essentials plus